No announcement yet.

ABS & ESP warning lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings All, Merry Xmas, when it happens for you guys - it's happened here and I got my wish. Your advice was taken Thrumbleux. I wished for someone to get on with the problem and I can report that it's be sorted?? ?? because I've not been able to drive, - pain meds. But on starting and driven by my side kick, the lights now behave as they should - only time will tell. Sadly the switch operated as it should, the plug though was contaminated with oil??? Where that came from, I've no idea. Anyway, my side kicks impressions of how a Smart is assembled. Who was the idiot that put a brake switch (like these) out in the weather.
    His other thought was, the Germans and the French do have a sense of humour after all and have ganged up on the English speaking world. I mentioned that he should try replacing the 6 spark plugs, his reply was, probably no worse than doing the plugs on a Bentley - we both said, that's German as well.
    Again Merry New Year all.
    Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Greetings All, just to let you know, thanks to all those that provided assistance, the problem appears to have been sorted. It looks as though the brake switch being contaminated with something?, all cleaned up and back together, except the belly panels and is still behaving. Now that I can get back to work, more work has appeared on my door step, in the form of the friend that helped me fix my Smart. It looks as though I'm now to repay him with interest, as it's his car that won't start - bugger. Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X