No announcement yet.

12,000 mile for two what to do for engine upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understeer is designed in, put some wider wheels and even spacers too on the front and increase the rear antiroll bar thickness (dealer available for less than £40 with bushes), this will help no end, improve crosswind stability and make lockups under hard braking less likely. Oversteer is less than desirable in a car so short.

Cheers!

Comment

Ps. If it's a 700cc the rebuild is far from inevitable, I've owned and thrashed loads (while servicing them regularly) and never had to rebuild any of my own.

Comment

It's not inevitable that they go wrong between 50 and 60,000 - I'm currently doing a 600cc one that's just started to play up at 86,000 and I have a 2006 Passion with full service history using Shell Helix throughout it's life and 105,000+ on the clock - that car did 32,000 in one year between MOT's commuting to Belgium is bog standard and goes like a bomb!!!

It's popping around town on short stop start journeys that knackers them!

I have to say that my daily runner is specced very similarly to Kapt.Q's suggestions with a SW115 remap done by Fudge (haven't got the big turbo yet) but it's great fun so far!

Comment

Just wondering if the 100hp would let me do power slides. I will make adjustments suggested to neutralise understeer but wonder if I can get the back out. Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also would someone mind explaining what a sw115 remap does and will give in extra bhp Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• 10:45PM
              10:45PM commented
              Editing a comment
              The clue's in the name , it's a 115PS re-map (near as dammit equiv to 115HP)
              Fudge sells it via eBay for a couple of hundred

Hmmmmm - powerslides? Somebody's been watching too many Youtube vids of motorbike engined Smarts!

The esp system in standard cars kills that off very efficiently but if youre intent on changing ends on a roundabout quicker than you can say "oh f***k" there's a bit of kit you can simply plug into the diagnostic socket to turn it off and a cheaper description of how to do it on evilution's website.

Comment

Great do you happen to know what it's called? Oh and I have been watching the videos you mention Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

My favourite video is the one with the guy doing a stoppy (god know if that's how you spell it)

You really should subscribe to the the amazing website for Smart owners - evilution .co.uk

ESP deactivation plug here - http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...eviews&mod=682

Comment

Do you think I could just pull the fuse? Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X