YAW rate sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAW rate sensor

Can anyone help, please? I have an intermittent fault light on my 2006 smartie. The garage tells me it's come back as a fault with the lateral acceleration sensor and that it shouldn't be driven. Mercedes tell me the part is now obsolete but have given me the part number. Is there anywhere I can find one of these? Ebay has not proved fruitful. Or has my smartie now died?!

You should be able to get one secondhand.
    I'm currently trying to decide whether to break my 2005 fortwo for parts. If I do, there is a usable LAS on it.

Before you go full tilt at a replacement, I think there are other things that can lead to a failed LAS diagnosis - them becoming detached and poor connection/broken wire.

Comment

That's good to know - thanks. I'm based in Kent. The local indie garage really didn't want to know after doing the diagnosis - I was literally told that the last time they had to order one of those was in 2016 so they couldn't give me a costing other than smart increase their parts price every 6 months. I'm not sure where else to go?

Comment

I don't know what part of Kent your in but Chequered Flag are in Strood http://www.chequeredflaguk.co.uk/index.htm They might be able to help.

Comment

That's what I thought too but they were the ones who wouldn't even bother find a price. I'm not sure if they're just over-busy? They also messed up on another car so I'm not sure they are as good as they once were as they used to be so helpful.

Comment

What comes up when you ping the part number into the internet? Secondhand items for sale? Bosch equivalents?

Comment

Not much other than a couple of error sites. Am wondering if I should go back to the garage and ask them to investigate further, as you suggested?

Comment

MB/smart dealers should be able to run a search of all the UK dealer network for the part. Obsolete as in no longer produced but there could be one sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Comment

Autodoc had two left in stock this morning. Now only one left so obviously this sensor is getting scarce.
                  https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/6766...kaAp3xEALw_wcB

Comment

Thank you! For some reason, although I've subscribed to this thread, I'm not getting notifications so have only just picked this up. I've emailed them to double-check as I can't see the part number there that MB gave me. I waited on the chat but then they closed. Fingers crossed it is what I need

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
                      Autodoc had two left in stock this morning. Now only one left so obviously this sensor is getting scarce.
                      https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/6766...kaAp3xEALw_wcB

Sadly. they said it wasn't compatible Still looking for ideas!

Comment

There are currently several on ebay and cheapest is £22.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294464833...0AAOSwtYxgzjoG

Comment

The last digit doesn't match - does that make a difference? Autodoc told me Q0009493V003000000. MB told me V004 in the middle. Why would there be a difference? It's for a diesel, RHD.

Comment

In my humble opinion the version number is not important and that all versions of a Smart part should be compatible.

Comment

Easiest way to confirm if your yaw sensor is faulty is to replace that sensor with a known good one borrowed from another Smart 450 or Roadster.

The fault could be with the cable. Mechanics are generally rough and exercise little care when working on other peoples cars hence cable damage happens quite often.

Earlier models of the 450 built before 2003 suffer from water getting into the yaw sensor. I have found drying the sensor out and resealing works on the earlier models.

Water could be the problem with yours too. Check under carper under and behind left side seat where sensor is sitting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X