Remap gone bad ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap gone bad ?

I have a 2003 0.7 45kW that had a remote remap (I've sent them my ECU) at RS-Parts to 63kW late 2020. At the same time I replaced ignition cables for Magnecore, grounding cables and added both upper and lower breather pipes catch cans (as per evilution's guide). I really didn't notice any performance boost but the car was running fine overall. Until every now and then it would just completely shut off while going slowly or idling (no power whatsoever). Then it'd restart with one bar on the speedo and locked in gear. After turning the ignition off and on a few times it would start normally. Since the pandemic I barely drive around the city so it's mostly sitting in garage and wasn't really bothered. Until recently, when I started using it more often and pretty much every drive I experience this shutdown problem. SAM checked for water ingress and nothing.
    If that's not enough, car has no power. It only loads boist for the first 20-30s of the drive and then nothing (I have a boost gauge) like there was no boost. Checked the catch cans and this is where it gets really weird. On my other performance cars I will have some oil-like sludge. But here the top one was almost full of something yellowish smelling like gas with some orange goo (like you can find on the radiator cap after blown headgasket) - not flammable though. The bottom one had clear, watery liquid. Checked oil - all good. Did a headgasket test and no CO2 detected. Anyone has any ideas ?

Top catch can:
    IMG-20220312-163714-1.jpg

IMG-20220312-163707-1.jpg

Bottom catch can:
    IMG-20220312-163648-1.jpg
    Last edited by sasklacz; 31-03-22, 06:46 PM.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X