Oil drips from the engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil drips from the engine

Oil drips from the engine on the side facing the injection pump.
    It's extremely stressful to run the engine oil on foot. I checked the turbo drain pipe, it's ok and only the high pressure pump remains, more precisely its connection with the cylinder head.
    I want to replace the oil seals and the external o-ring of the pump, but I don't know what type they are. Viton for sure, but what are their dimensions? The pump model is CR/CP3S3/R70/20-8911S, BOSCH 0 445 010 025, A660 070 00 01.
    Does anyone know?

I have that rotary seal somewhere and will look for it tomorrow morning in hope to identify type and size of seal.

Comment

I found on eBay original oil seals for injection pumps, but they are of 2 sizes:
      1) F 01M 100 984 20mm x 31mm x7.3mm
      2) 1 460 283 312 17mm x 28mm x 7mm
      There are 2 oil seals on the shaft in the me pump, but of the same size. What is the correct size 1) or 2)?
      About the external ring, I only found out the part number: Q 0008248V001000000 but not the sizes...
      Last edited by mottofreee; 09-09-22, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Sorry, the pump is CR/CP1K3/R45/10-6S.

Comment

I searched using the o-ring number received from and found:
          http://dieselcatalog.online/en/bosch...445010025.html - injection pump Smart 450CDI (all 30kW variants)
          - Bosh F01M100114 - outer o-ring ID=45mm CS=3mm, graphite viton 1 pc
          - Bosh 1460283312 - oil retainer ring ID=17mm OD=28mm H=7mm, viton required 2 pcs.

Comment

I’ve been searching high and low but no way could I find my high pressure pump seal kit.

Comment

Today I'm also going to measure the shaft of a pump at a workshop...

Comment

I went to measure and it's like this: 17x 28x7.

Comment

I doubt your rotary oil seal is leaking as a leak there will only dilute your engine oil and not result in an external leak.

Comment

Dilution of the oil with diesel fuel is improbable for this reason.
                    This pump has 2 seals on the shaft - one for diesel placed facing the pump and one for oil placed facing the cylinder head. Between the two seals there is a space with a drain hole. If a seal fails, oil or diesel will flow through that hole.
                    If even after replacing the seals I still have leaks, then I go further - the cylinder head cover and/or the cylinder head. But for that you have to lower the engine...

Comment

So does oil drip out of that weep hole?

Comment

Yes .
                        Things are too crowded in that area for me to figure out if it is exactly from there. I work by elimination.
                        I replaced the gearbox seal. No change .
                        If it continues to flow, black oil can only be from the engine and I'll move on to the rocker cover.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X