Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smart Fortwo 453 launches today at 18:00pm GMT.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajprice
    replied
    Originally posted by SmarterAlex View Post
    It's a pity the for four has a B pillar. Could of had doors like a Meriva B-Max

Leave a comment:

• SmarterAlex
    replied
    It's a pity the for four has a B pillar. Could of had doors like a Meriva

Leave a comment:

• J500ANT
    replied
    LOL
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SmarterAlex
    replied
    The internal boot cover is hiding any space behind the seats. Looking at the front interior, the dashboard doesn't have as much depth meaning the windscreen is further in, creating a space for the external bonnet shape.
    Last edited by SmarterAlex; 20-07-14, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ColSmart
    replied
    Originally posted by Evilution View Post

Lol WUT? All previous rear engined smarts have a radiator in the front with pipes running under the car from front to back. I can't see this model being any different.
    Shows you how often I open a bonnet

Leave a comment:

• Evilution
    replied
    Originally posted by ColSmart View Post
    There is a grille at the front, so does that mean that the radiator is being placed there with long water pipes back to the engine in the boot?
    Lol WUT? All previous rear engined smarts have a radiator in the front with pipes running under the car from front to back. I can't see this model being any different.

Leave a comment:

• adrimo
    replied
    I prefer new pod layout look good and different. I'll miss battery in the car as I'm into car audio, so makes power cables easier to run. I prefer the current style wipers and would also prefer washer jets no on the bonnet. Spare wheel is no big deal, , smarts never had one so they are not going to start now.

Leave a comment:

• longdistancecdi
    replied
    Good pics thanks ColSmart, still don't see why the new bonnet can't be hinged with a stay like a normal car bonnet, also note that the windscreen washer nozzles appear to be on the bonnet, so it must have long trailing washer pipes ? The battery should be OK there becuase it will get heated by the air from the radiator, if anyone remembers the old mini with the battery in the boot, they did not function well in cold weather. It also looks like the headlight bulbs will be easier to reach ?

Leave a comment:

• ColSmart
    replied
    Thanks, I got the answer I was looking for, and some more interesting interior photos....

Bonnet open: You can just see the front radiator fan in the picture, and with a radiator up front that means water hoses run to the engine at the back of the car. And I just realised the wipers are now just like most other cars, a better system which stops wiper collisions with a bang which the 450 and 451 occasionally do in high side winds.

Its hard to tell but we have lost some cabin length due to the new longer bonnet (new car is almost the same length as the 451) so I assume its in the boot space. Will we still get the spare wheel between rear seat and boot cover?
    Why did they not design for a spare wheel location, considering a lot of us have one?

And oh dear we have lost our Ionic two instrument pods on central dash.

Last edited by ColSmart; 20-07-14, 12:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cdfm
    replied
    Set of images of the safety cell construction and the engine and gearbox on the Mercedes blog page. http://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.co...br453/#gallery

Leave a comment:

• ColSmart
    replied
    Would like to see photos of what's under that long bonnet other than just the brake servo, windscreen water bottle and wiper motor.

There is a grille at the front, so does that mean that the radiator is being placed there with long water pipes back to the engine in the boot?

or is it a dummy grille?

Leave a comment:

• Evilution
    replied
    Originally posted by SmarterAlex View Post
    The look of the 453 isn't something new. Way back in the heyday of Smart, there was a concept in this shape as a 4x4
    A 4x4 is different, they all have bonnets already. A 4x4 is not a city car.
    If you mean the Smart Formore concept then that was also front engined.

I'm not as disgusted at the design as I was when the 451 came out. I stood in the dealer looking at an all black passion feeling really upset that I had to buy one to keep the site going.
    I thought it was really ugly from the side and rear and just couldn't see passed the unpainted body kit. The car looked cheap and the inside was so boring.

Now I think the 451s they are selling now with the updated body kit or the Brabus models are the best looking fortwos.

So, I'm guessing the 453 will be the same, it'll be a grower. Once a few companies make body kits to protect the arches, there is far less to complain about.

Smart are still unique in the market. Other manufacturers just can't bring themselves to release a 2 seat city car, they all cram in 4 seats but 2 are unusable.

Leave a comment:

• Thrumbleux
    replied
    Originally posted by ajprice View Post
    Has the ForTwo got fat? Auto Express have the weight as 1124kg in their crash test article, the 451 is around 800kg! http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/smart/f...rcedes-s-class
    I'm guessing - that that is the test weight including ballast to represent passengers and luggage.
    It's surely impossible that its kerb weight is 1124kg!

Leave a comment:

• cougar7609
    replied
    Originally posted by ajprice View Post
    Has the ForTwo got fat? Auto Express have the weight as 1124kg in their crash test article, the 451 is around 800kg! http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/smart/f...rcedes-s-class
    Yeah its been eating too much bullcrap from the designers... really they really should be put up against a wall! Maybe its the double clutch system that over did it.... in a town car..... hmmmmz the place where you really want to be pressing a clutch all day long.... Or maybe its because they widened it and made it too big to get into small parking places...... hmmmz perfect for the town/city environment.... maybe its the gold they made the seats from... thats what will add some weight... and of course it justifies the price.... hmmmz the perfect pitch for a car smaller than its price rivals and the now over crowded sub mini class at half the price. Maybe its the crosswind assist unit.... the one that causes you have a head on crash if you attempt to overtake..... But no! It has to be that pregnant bonnet its carrying with the boobs oddly spaced apart, they didnt say it had a second storage space at the front... oh no I forgot... they didnt say that... thats because its all wasted space.... woa betide anyone who wants to get its kit off though because that'll be harder than undoing a bra with your big toe.

Can you tell Im hugely disappointed in this fugly heap of junk they have come up with... no surely not! So many designs to choose from and they picked a blind guy to pick it by sticking his hand in a bag and picking the worst of all the designs they had to come up with, but it was his birthday!!!! He was so desperate to have a present this year so they had to let him choose. aww arent they sweet! Im all for equal opportunities but they should have had him do the sound testing surely?!! May be it will all be a big joke and the real car will be unveiled at launch Yeah thats it.... it has to be that! You have to believe that! They honestly cant go into production with what they unveiled at the unveiling. That car would be automotive suicide! It would be known as the awww isnt it sweet but Id rather have something I wouldnt want to be seen dead in car.
    Last edited by cougar7609; 19-07-14, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ajprice
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X