X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI fuel pump prime + 7 codes

Hi.
    Just got a 2009 black 451 CDI.
    Got 7 codes stored...P0190, P0192, P0401, P0805, P1800, P2226, P2355. However, Torque (yes I know) is only hilighting P0192. However there's no warning lights. The car went into limp home on my journey home though.
    Think I might've sorted P0401 as when I removed the EGR there was a half corroded blanking plate.
    As per the topic title. My fuel pump runs for 28 seconds before it stops. At 26 seconds the sound changes as if the correct pressure has been achieved. If I start the car when the glow plug light goes out the initial idle is a bit rough and revs stumble a bit. If I wait till the pump stops then it's fine. The car revs freely upto 6K. So just wondering how long the pump in the tank should actually run for please?
    Cheers.
    Dave

I don't really know about the CDI but on both my petrol 450's, the pump runs for 2-3 seconds! 28 seconds sounds a long time to me.
    Maybe the fuel filter is fouled. Think it would be worth changing it anyway, for how much it costs.

Comment

Thanks for the input Mr T. Yup, a very long time. If yours goes for 2 seconds that'll be the same final 2 seconds I'm getting.
      I've put some Seafoam in the tank just incase there's crud in there. New filters go from 5 to 16 at my second home...Euro Car Parts...with 4 to choose from. I'll start cheap and work my way up in quality I think. Crossing fingers the filter is the reason for the P0190 and P0192 codes and is easy to do.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X