different rear lights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different rear lights?

looked on the smartsrus site and they advertise lights, but have no pics on the site, does anywhere else sell replacement rear lights in different styles?

Re: different rear lights?

Originally posted by razorsharp192
    looked on the smartsrus site and they advertise lights, but have no pics on the site, does anywhere else sell replacement rear lights in different styles?
    Hi,

The ones SRU sell are manufactured by Michalak - look here for some photo's - http://www.michalak-design.com/shop/...c052fb2501bf69

I have these installed on my car.

Comment

ah yeah theyre the ones i'm liking!

Comment

on that site... on the top right where that pic of the yellow coupe is, thats got different rear lights to the ones for sale on that site.... they look better....
        Last edited by razorsharp192; 15-09-06, 06:36 PM.

Comment

on that site... on the top right where that pic of the yellow coupe is, thats got different rear lights to the ones for sale on that site.... they look better....
          Hi,

They may look better - but they don't sell them!! I think that is one of the original roadster "concept" cars!

The good thing about the "magic module" ones is that the surround can be sprayed any colour you like or left as a carbon-fibre effect finish.

Personally I have had mine sprayed in black to match the bodywork colour.

I don't know of anyone else manufacturing replacement rear light clusters for the roadster

Comment

yeah thats what i'd do, do you have to have the chrome surrounds around the lights though?

Comment

yeah thats what i'd do, do you have to have the chrome surrounds around the lights though?
              First off -they are not chrome but grey/silver effect plastic. :frown:

Secondly - as they are plastic they can also be colour coded.

Comment

i think the problem (and the reason that i didn't buy them) with the michalak rear lights is that the panel gap isn't the best.

On a black roadster its not obvious so if i'd had all black then I would have bought them but I have seen the same lights on an all orange roadster (sussex cars demonstrator) and they didn't look right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by digi-roadster
                  First off -they are not chrome but grey/silver effect plastic. :frown:

Secondly - as they are plastic they can also be colour coded.

ah thats ok then

Comment

Originally posted by smint roadster
                    i think the problem (and the reason that i didn't buy them) with the michalak rear lights is that the panel gap isn't the best.

On a black roadster its not obvious so if i'd had all black then I would have bought them but I have seen the same lights on an all orange roadster (sussex cars demonstrator) and they didn't look right to me.
                    I don't think the panel gap is too bad - what I have found is that the fixing lugs are not necessarily lined up correctly - Rob at SAD adjusted mine

Comment

these are the ones i saw -

As I say you wouldn't notice on a black car but I didn't think they looked as good as the standard lights on a light coloured car.

Comment

These lights look really good and different from standard which is what modding is all about is it not.

I bought them for my car october 05 £199 from SrU and they still havent turnt up in march but thats another story. I would like to buy them but not from SrU. So if any one is offering a set for sale then...
                        I dont mean to turn this into a for sale page but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kernowyon
                          These lights look really good and different from standard which is what modding is all about is it not.

I bought them for my car october 05 £199 from SrU and they still havent turnt up in march but thats another story. I would like to buy them but not from SrU. So if any one is offering a set for sale then...
                          I dont mean to turn this into a for sale page but...
                          Hi,

You can get them direct from Michalak in Germany or RS Parts or Berlin Tuning (both also in Germany) if you dont want to deal with SRU.

Cheers

Comment

Or sussex cars (put the two words together and put .com on the end) are also official Michalak suppliers in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by smint roadster
                              these are the ones i saw -

As I say you wouldn't notice on a black car but I didn't think they looked as good as the standard lights on a light coloured car.
                              These are mine - the picture quality isnt great, sorry

Its quite a big panel gap but pretty consistent

Last edited by digi-roadster; 16-09-06, 07:39 PM. Reason: found a better close up!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X