Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • smart-eddy
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    how are car names decided by people?

    Leave a comment:


  • superstevie
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Ive named all my car. Roadster1 was Bessie, Roadster 2 was Murphy, Fortwo was Flick and Roadster 3 is Dougie! Also in past had Rennie (106) Charlie (Kangoo van) and current Passat is Hector!

    Leave a comment:


  • punkeyfunky
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Originally posted by smart-eddy View Post
    Ollie? any reason? Am I sad that I have never named a car?
    My Roadie doesn't have a name, however my son is quite certain its a 'him' ande not a 'her'.

    Leave a comment:


  • smart-eddy
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Ollie? any reason? Am I sad that I have never named a car?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jan&Sam
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    I will post pics when i get the Fiat. He's gonna be called Ollie. But not getting rid of my roadie!

    Leave a comment:


  • putzie
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    sorry cant help dennis , almost have bought from this seller before of which i contacted and asked to collect which was replied not a problem for him but did not win the item so no need to collect

    Leave a comment:


  • Useful
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Remember: Many of the Porsches didn't have crash safety ratings until recently, so that puts us into a clique of German, rear-drive, rear-engined roadsters that people choose over safety

    Leave a comment:


  • smart-eddy
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Lol useful. well welcome anyway.

    jan&sam when you get the fiat post some pics up, I think they are pretty funky cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • Useful
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Originally posted by smart-eddy View Post
    Thats true, at home is the most dangerous place to be.

    Welcome by the way, Are you useful by name, useful by nature?
    Allegedly although I'm still on the learning end of automotive usefulness...

    Leave a comment:


  • superstevie
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    well there was that as well as....

    Leave a comment:


  • westcoaster
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Originally posted by superstevie View Post
    Well, as he came round the corner of a tight hairpin on a narrow country road, a jag was coming the other way. Benny swerved, went up an embankment and onto the roof. As we came round the corner, we could see the car mid roll and the occupants hands go up as it went onto the roof. Benny badly hurt his arm, but that was more as he was getting out the car.

    I'll never forget the horrid noises

    I believe that excessive speed trying out a remap and ESP being switched off were also minor factors in the incident.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jan&Sam
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Well the fiat 500 I'm getting is just a second car cause i love my roadie! have had a crash at 40mph in the roadie into a Golf and that was about 30mph i took all the damage but only the front crumple zones damaged and repaired. only worryig about the tridion safety cell as I've read only undamaged up to 9mph!

    Leave a comment:


  • superstevie
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Originally posted by alphonsus View Post
    HOW did he do that?
    Well, as he came round the corner of a tight hairpin on a narrow country road, a jag was coming the other way. Benny swerved, went up an embankment and onto the roof. As we came round the corner, we could see the car mid roll and the occupants hands go up as it went onto the roof. Benny badly hurt his arm, but that was more as he was getting out the car.

    I'll never forget the horrid noises

    Leave a comment:


  • BCA
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Can also confirm fortwos are great in being rear-ended at 30mph and rolled at 40-50mph... both times, no injuries. Admittedly the roll wrote off the car, but its engine still lives on in the new car, which then got hit by a policewoman and has survived that too... though the insurance company wish they wrote it off now as the damage exceeded 75% of the cars value once complete, meh - im happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • RichG
    replied
    Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating

    Originally posted by smart-eddy View Post
    How did the 20mph roady crash go?
    Originally posted by messerschmitt owner View Post
    I tested a roadster at 20mph into a vw golf tdi

    We all walked away and the tdi was written off!

    My car was repaired. Airbags in the face are a fun experience!

    The smarts hold up well and you will walk away from a collision that would see injuries in other lesser cars
    .

    Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X