Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
But it would be nice to have peace of mind that you have the best chance of surviving a crash. if you know what I mean.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
Collapse
X
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
I crashed an old school Mini Cooper once at about 40mph, total write off (however it was worth about £800
). Crashed a Roadster at about that speed and all it needed was a new panel and some replaced wheel connecting rods. I think Smarts hold up really well in crashes, however I wouldn't want to crash at 70mph+
(but that goes for any car)
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
these tests are pure theory, i feel safe both in the old 42 and the roadie and that's what counts for me.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
How did the 20mph roady crash go?Originally posted by smartsparky View PostMessy has done the 20mph Roadie crash test....I have done the 50mph test in a fortwo. The test was against a BMW who had its offside wheel and suspension ripped clean off the car. Its owner need to go to hospital but was thankfully okay. The fortwo discharged all airbags, seatbelts tensioners went off and hazard lights came on. Both my brother and I walked away with just bruised ribs. The way the car performed left me with no hesitation in getting another.
And I recently found out that the former fortwo is back on the road....
mg:
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
NCAP is a con!
When Renault won the first 5star award with the Laguna in 2000 / 2001 it got 4 stars and then was re tested with a Beeper that didn't stop until you put your seatbelt on, the extra points made it a 5 star car..... how is that really safer? Mercedes-Benz did a similar thing with the new C-Class in 2001, it too had a beeper upon re testing, it too went from 4 to 5 stars.
NCAP is (or was) a points system, and points make stars.... a little annoying beeper will not mean the difference of life or death when you hit a wall at 40 mph! unless it's that that's made you put your belt on!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
think thats the 451 (new one)Originally posted by smart-eddy View Post
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
the roadster also has better crash zones front and rear due to the extra length - trust me, better than any comparable small car!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
Messy has done the 20mph Roadie crash test....I have done the 50mph test in a fortwo. The test was against a BMW who had its offside wheel and suspension ripped clean off the car. Its owner need to go to hospital but was thankfully okay. The fortwo discharged all airbags, seatbelts tensioners went off and hazard lights came on. Both my brother and I walked away with just bruised ribs. The way the car performed left me with no hesitation in getting another.
And I recently found out that the former fortwo is back on the road....
mg:
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
They were never tested by NCAP
why crash into a wall at 40mph - that is just plain silly
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
Thats not good. damn I mean I dunno how many of you saw the health and safety top gear last year but those 4 star car crashed at 30mph scared the hell outta me. they were mangled "propa styleee"
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
I'm gonna guess, 3.5stars........ as the 450 fortwo for 3 stars (i think).
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
This has bugged me since ownership aswell. I though by law every car had to be tested so before its sold to the public?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
which one are you getting? I hope you have haggled a discount?Originally posted by Jan&Sam View PostI'm buying the New Fiat 500
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Smart Roadster Crash Safety Rating
I tested a roadster at 20mph into a vw golf tdi
We all walked away and the tdi was written off!
My car was repaired. Airbags in the face are a fun experience!
The smarts hold up well and you will walk away from a collision that would see injuries in other lesser cars
Leave a comment:
Ad Widget
Collapse

Leave a comment: