No announcement yet.

Hello from Brighton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool thanks for that I'll look those up! I paid £100 for the Xgauge (no connectors included) so used the radios connector and ordered the OBD at £5 so a good price and in perfect condition. Headlights yeh is the flyeyes one. I got a big sheet of it so if its easy to work with I might have a crack at the rear lights too.

Comment

Heres a pic of mine with the flyeyes on, both front and rear with lights on, these were taken a while ago though and other things have changed like the wheels, Fog lights and front grill.

Last edited by cougar7609; 17-07-14, 09:07 PM.

Comment

There's the get off my back side inspiration I needed. Looks great mate.

Comment

Went along to "Mini's on the Rec" at Shoreham today and joined in the Smart contingent. Lovely day and some lovely cars....especially enjoyed the Lambo Orange Roadster and the cross blades.

Comment

I will try and ge some pictures up tomorrow but got my X-Gauge fully wired in today as the OBD connector arrived. Wow what a piece of kit. Not being an engine boffin most if the options are just cool changing numbers but once I'd filled all 7 slots with info I could use AWESOME!!! I recommend any 450 owner to hunt one of these down. I nice little thing was whilst waiting for the OBD connector to arrive I had fitted the other connector which goes into the clock slot. Normally with just this connected you get 30 second bursts of basic info like time etc......but if you turned the cars lights on it stayed on. Not that this matters as once fully connected its on constantly anyway. Pics to follow.

Comment

I have been searching for ages, where did u get yours?

Comment

I put a wanted add up on here a couple of weeks back, somebody responded luckily for me!

Tried again to photograph it but nothing appears using the iPhone sorry.

Comment

A couple more ebay finds helping the carbon fiber effect take hold

Still trying to muster the will power to do the DRL's and speaker cable run.

Comment

Looking really good, where did u find the interior carbon bits and fuel cover.

Comment

Ah... so that's where my carbon fibre wing mirror covers ended up!

Comment

Looks great Bill! Keep up the modding

The speaker run is somewhat involving and you will need a good full afternoon to to it.
                        The DRL wiring isnt that difficult and best done when you do the speaker run with the front off
                        Last edited by cougar7609; 06-08-14, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Adrimo, cheers mate, the pod surrounds and end caps where full wack from smart-stuff, the dash pod was from eBay.de which I think is also where the fuel cap stickers came from. I think though they show up quite a lot on our eBay too. The fuel cap stickers are thick, strong and stick very strongly and most importantly a perfect fit. Heres one that might interest you
                          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3808493862...84.m1423.l2649

137699, glad they stayed in house mate, thanks.

Cougar, many thanks. Yeh that's why I'm delaying lol, plus I've got the headlight tinting kit, so it might turn into a day and half as it won't be a head down crack on type thing but a bit of an explore too. Not scared of it and have done equal things to most of my previous cars, just with summer holidays and two young children to entertain its kinda impossible to pinch that much self time. One day soon lol.
                          Last edited by Bill; 06-08-14, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the links Bill they look great and I will Deffo look on the German site.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Cougar, many thanks. Yeh that's why I'm delaying lol, plus I've got the headlight tinting kit, so it might turn into a day and half as it won't be a head down crack on type thing but a bit of an explore too. Not scared of it and have done equal things to most of my previous cars, just with summer holidays and two young children to entertain its kinda impossible to pinch that much self time. One day soon lol.
                              Lol good luck with getting the free time Theres not alot to explore in there though, but defo worth oiling the windscreen wiper mechanism and the steering column, change the horn to 2 tone horn, if you are running speaker wire though, you might want to consider the extra window switch kit from Smartkits. Ive got to order mine but instead of using their extra switch Ive bought the roof switch from the cabrio and the surround and will wire it to that on the side of the SE drive for that perfect finish

I dont know if I will have it done before I drive back to the UK for a remap and to see friends, but fingers crossed as it will be very useful. Ive posted a request for a x-gauge dont know if there are many knocking about out there but I really like the idea of having 3 pods. Rev, X-gauge and Turbo gauge. Ive found some grey plastic piping that is the right size as the pods so I should be able to extend it so the turbo gauge isnt crammed into the pod.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X