Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.. so I went to change the notifications and entered the user settings and the first page came up ok with personal details but then if I click on any of the tabs it takes me to the main forum page. If I click back it goes back to the user info. That happens on all of the tabs, so I woulld love to change the notifications but I cant get the page up lol Im goinng to try another browser and see if that makes any difference. Also the formatting problem hasnt changed as you can see above lol

Comment

Ok so I now tried google chrome and this is what I get when I click on the google link for the site.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(996) : eval()'d code on line 6

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(996) : eval()'d code on line 6

I then deleted the address and typed in the actual address www.smartmaniacs.co..uk and the page comes up.

I will find out if the nodeID{86xxx} error comes up when I post this on google as well as if the formatting works.

Ok so when I press to post this post I get an error that I havent seen before when I was on firefox. All it does when you press post is invalid server response, error x while saving data. , ignore this error it seems the server restarted, however the other errors still exist. Formatting works in chrome, but not in firefox
      Last edited by cougar7609; 26-04-14, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I think you'll need to ignore those coding errors, I've seen OMA is obviously playing with some settings at the moment, so these will randomly appear and disappear.
        Also certainly so soon after a move I wouldn't use google to reach the site, just type in smartmaniacs.co.uk - it's easiest - i have seen some googlebots on the site at the moment, but until they can reindex the site, you'll get all sorts of odd results - maybe a couple of days for the googlebots to do their work and the results in google will be ok again

with regards to the posting error and server response, I've had this too, again, it's going to be David fiddling with the settings.

Your formatting has worked on that second post there ^^^^ so is it ok now?

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Originally posted by cougar7609 View Post
          Yes, it was the first thing I tried when I read what you suggested, it didnt make any difference though lol A custom template like it was before would be great, I miss the old colours and layout. But as normal it takes time to adapt and no one likes change! lol I will see if I can get any formatting to work in this message as there is a space above this line. Also Im only getting 2 lines visible in this text box as Im typing thats really annoying as I cant read back what Ive written. Im using Firefox 28.0 I assume you are working on the buttons and ComboID{xxxxx} errors?
          Any chance you can screenshot this for me at all cougar7609?

Thanks
          David Spalton (OMA)
          SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

The formatting worked in chrome only, it doesnt work in firefox though and nor do the edit, flag, quote, comment, like buttons at the bottom of the post and nor do the previous, page 1 and page 2 buttons or any of the post buttons in this text box dont work in firefox. They do however work in Chrome. Now I do have Noscript, ABP on both of them so I know it cant be either of those.

Yeah OMA Ill do a couple of screen shots for you and upload to picturebucket.

Comment

This is a test to show the text box as it scrolls itself up on the screen, This is the 3rd line of the text and the rest of the text has disappeared out of view. Here is the picture of the errors, I will have to post again once I have posted this because its only then that I get the nodeID error.

Comment

Ok so here is the nodeID error I get, it is just a white screen with the error on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar7609 View Post
                  Ok so I now tried google chrome and this is what I get when I click on the google link for the site.

I then deleted the address and typed in the actual address www.smartmaniacs.co..uk and the page comes up.

I will find out if the nodeID{86xxx} error comes up when I post this on google as well as if the formatting works.

Ok so when I press to post this post I get an error that I havent seen before when I was on firefox. All it does when you press post is invalid server response, error x while saving data. , ignore this error it seems the server restarted, however the other errors still exist. Formatting works in chrome, but not in firefox
                  What URL is in ur browser?
                  David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Ok, thats a google cache error, ill fix that on a redirect.
                    But its outof date cookies favorites as the new software changes file formatting

Two mins...

GIVE that a shot?

Dave
                    David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Yeah Ill give anything a shot however I have to pop out to get some face masks for some work I have to do this afternoon. So Ill be back in 30 mins or so

Comment

Lol.
                        What version of firefox / windows(or Mac) and screen resolution are you on?
                        Im using Firefox on the iMac 2013 21.5 and the box gets larger for every line written

And the previous / page links work, were they not working for oyu?

Dave
                        David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

figured the smilies issue, just modifying them..
                          David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Ill get on to the tapatalk update soon
                            David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Windows 7 x64 and firefox 28. I wouldnt touch that awful pile of poo they call windows 8 in a million years! I dont have touch screen and nor do I want it on my main PC! what on earth were the morons at Microshite thinking. Im running 2 x Samsung 24" screens @ 1990 x 1080 lol third screen is a Samsung 22" TV/monitor which I only switch over from TV to PC when Ive got CAD stuff to do or programming. Ive been building my own computers for 25yrs now, so even my laptop got changed to windows 7 and linux lol it did have hackintosh on it til I got bored and had a problem with WIS/EPC.
                              Last edited by cougar7609; 26-04-14, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X