Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8 is actually very good - those who say otherwise either have never used it, or really don't understand the concept.

Sent from my non-touchscreen windows 8 laptop

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Lol you are welcome to your opinion The concept was to make it more like phones and tablets and bring MS up to modern day expectations, however I dont want to pay for something I already have in windows 7 (start button) Ive used windows 8 quite a lot and it does my head in. The concept works on small devices but even then windows smart phone Os is also clunky and annoying when compared with iOS and android.

Comment

ok so Ive both deleted the cookies and cache through firefox and also manually and its still causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cougar7609 View Post
          Lol you are welcome to your opinion
          And you yours.

You are however, very wrong about the phone OS too... the windows phone OS is fresh, and very intuitive, the complete opposite of android and iOS!

Sent from my Windows Phone.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

ok so Ive both deleted the cookies and cache through firefox and also manually and its still causing the problem.
            We'll need to wait for David to come back, because it only seems to be affecting you, it suggests its an issue with your pc/settings

Comment

Can you try a different Browser for me and see if it works

Dave
              David Spalton (OMA)
              SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

Originally posted by RacingSnake View Post
                And you yours.

You are however, very wrong about the phone OS too... the windows phone OS is fresh, and very intuitive, the complete opposite of android and iOS!

Sent from my Windows Phone.
                How much do Microsoft pay you? lol No I think its because I like to get down to the nitty gritty of the operating systems and do things most other people wouldnt even dream of or even know about. For most the simplicity of the OS suits them but for me I hate this lets hide everything from view and have to go through 900 menus to get to something you need to change is annoying beyond belief. I dont like iOS unless Ive jailbroken it. lol

I have tried google chrome and IE and tthey both seem to work ok, however the editing in chrome as Im noticing now I cant go back and delete double characters because my keyboard needs replacing. It take me back to the end of line and wont let me delete the character half way through a sentence.

As for firefox Ill go through all of the addons and see if one of them could be causing the problem. Possibly even run it in safe mode and try again. If Im the only one that has the problem then its likely to be one of the addons.
                Last edited by cougar7609; 26-04-14, 11:17 AM.

Comment

It would be useful to identify incase it happens to someone else in the future

Microsoft pay me nothing (but they should! lol) - I've done the ipad/iphone/android thing before. So I stick with what works best for me. It's like cars - the people that criticize them have rarely driven or had any experience of them.

Comment

Excellent work - i'm sure you will get round to all things eventually.

i'm just having a look around.

Signature Panels??

JJ
                    Last edited by problemchild1976; 26-04-14, 07:54 PM.

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
                      Signature Panels??
                      You control these now... (although I can override if need be )
                      goto your account settings, and scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options", you can decide whether to show sigs and avatars.
                      http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/settings/account

Comment

apologies - seen it now.

is it working though?

"Error saving signature: BB code size value is too big" (sorry - can't find the [quote] buttons

JJ
                        Last edited by problemchild1976; 26-04-14, 08:41 PM.

Comment

"icons" when composing new thread - missing

JJ

Comment

try the sigs now.

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
                              "icons" when composing new thread - missing

JJ
                              Ive seen this one and trying to figure that out. Leave it with me

D
                              David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

[QUOTE=problemchild1976;n863750]apologies - seen it now.

is it working though?

"Error saving signature: BB code size value is too big" (sorry - can't find the
                                buttons

JJ
                                Ill check that later on into the night shift
                                D
                                David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X