TV touch screen ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV touch screen ?

Hello people I'm rather new as only got my smart car this month and already looking to replace the radio head unit to the tv,sat nav unit so seeing if anyone selling one and how much they are roughly ?

Many thanks James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: TV touch screen ?

What smart do you have?

450/451, Roadster or Forfour?

EDIT - just seen your other post... 451 then!
    Should be plenty of choice as I think 2din units slot in nicely in there.

Comment

Oh ok have you or anyone else had or have any they would recommend cos iv been looking on eBay etc and can't find any of the originals ones for the fortwo ? Cos I do want to get a amp and tweet and door speakers too !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

The "original" ones (assumming you mean Bosch Highline) don't have a TV built in, hideously overpriced and an absolute pile of ****. Avoid like the plague as they don't really do anything that well.

Comment

^^^^ hahaha brilliant thanks for the heads up mate any brand of speakers/tweeters would people recommend then ? And head units ? Maybe a kenwood flip out then ?!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

You should just get a double din unit, don't bother with slide out unit, you will also need the surround, if you want it all then maybe a pioneer or kenwood unit, maybe jvc also they will have everything from dab, iPod, cd DVD etc.

As for speakers it's up to u and your ears, go and listen to some sets before you spend your money then you can tailor the speaker to suite the music you like and the style you listen to most, my personal recommendations are focal, orion, infinity, Phoenix gold(older models). Personally I would go for used top end rather than cheaper new speakers

Comment

go for a pioneer double din with bluetooth etc - avoid the cheap chinese ones no matter how nice you think they look.

speakers and amps are very personal taste..... i've always gone for alpine/infinity/pioneer

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

After trying a few brands of speakers in smarts over the last 10 years, I have had best success with Infinity and Kenwood.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys and I must say I do prefer the double dins so will be going for that !

Second I have only ever had pioneer,kenwood stuff really and they have never let me down in the past so going for that make for the head unit.

So just leaves amp and tweeters and the door speakers I think for that I will get out and listen to a few and just see what sounds good to me

Hahaha on the Chinese copies I not long seen them on eBay must say I wouldn't ever get one some do look good lol

Thanks again everyone you must get asked all the same question each time a newbie enters the forum hehe

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Sorry to sound thick but the sound system is something I ever change so this will kinda be my first time !

What kinda watts speakers should I look for and the amp too ? as the smart car is small shouldn't think I'll be needing a sub too ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Car Audio Security in Hayes are the best people to talk to.
                      Ask if Carl is available
                      Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
                      STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
                      TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Try and match the speakers to the amperage of the amp.
                        Do you need an amp though?
                        Never had one in any of my smarts before and they went plenty loud without distorting.
                        I'd say save the money from the amp and use it on sound deadening for the doors.

Where in the UK are you?

Comment

i had an amp on my fortwo and an active sub enclosure in the boot but the amp defo wasn't needed (had a decentish head unit fitted)

on my forfour i upgraded the speakers to £25 alpines keeping the front tweeters stock and the stock mini sub then got a pioneer HU and the sound is PLENTY loud enough.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

In my opinion a system with a good quality amp will always sound better than any system run off just the head unit.
                            Sound quality will be better, it's not just about volume.

A sub is a decision for you but I have to have a sub in my system as it allows the mids and tweeters to only play the music which they are designed for and your sub can do the lower notes.

If I were you I would buy some deadening for the doors to go around the speakers and the sub area if you get one.

What is your budget?

Comment

Sorry for slow replys I'm not get notifications ;( yeah I'm starting fresh so need:

Head unit
                              Amp
                              Door speakers
                              Tweeters

and I live in kemsing kent
                              Yeah I'm debating on whether or not to get a sub and it's only from what others have told me it will be better sound quality if I get an amp and sub rather than no amp and running them off the head unit. But that's why I'm asking on here as you guys have been in my place and find out what has worked for use and get the best that will work for me.

I'm hoping that I will buy bit by bit so not really a budget but don't want to spend more than £300 head unit say £150 for a amp and not sure on the door speakers £100ish

Cheers people for the advice

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X