Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk was good (operatuve word) but vB did a patch update and i guess they broke something with tapatalk. Their support is worse than i would have imagined, as it just seams so hard to get an answer from them. As for VB seams the error i posted above happens every time i try to post on their forums so guessing its something that i can resolve myself. Dave
    Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    never used tapatalk - why is it good? Mobile sites bug me enough so i always view the full site (why wouldn't people want this??) seems silly to stop visiting a website because some 3rd party software doesn't make it look right. JJ
    David Spalton (OMA)
    SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

• I view the web site on my PC but its not good on the ipad - on neither device do I get a "whats new " option or unread posts option - its not a matter of it not looking right or 3rd party software its how it works for you and if you cant see new posts its just irritating

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr T View Post
        What was wrong with the old "quote" way of doing it? At least it was at the end of the topics postings.
        I'm not sure I follow??? the "quote" option is still there? infact I used it in this very reply - and it will also appear at the end of the posting - so I'm not sure I follow?

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

• Mr T
          Mr T commented
          Editing a comment
          See if I post a comment it appears on your post, which nobody will see unless they back track through the posts.

• Mr T
          Mr T commented
          Editing a comment
          Therefore what is the point of this? If this comment was made on, say post 10 of this topic, nobody would see it, unless they trawled back 158 posts!
          Just my thoughts.

• Originally posted by baggpus View Post
        I view the web site on my PC but its not good on the ipad - on neither device do I get a "whats new " option or unread posts option - its not a matter of it not looking right or 3rd party software its how it works for you and if you cant see new posts its just irritating
        Can you do a screenshot of your ipad view?
        I don't know about tapatalk, that's Davids domain, but the buttons should appear on any device using the site 'as normal' and not through tapatalk.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

• Originally posted by RacingSnake View Post
          I'm not sure I follow??? the "quote" option is still there? infact I used it in this very reply - and it will also appear at the end of the posting - so I'm not sure I follow?
          Yeah the quote system is still there & works as before, but if you click on "comment" it puts your comment onto the other persons post & unless you go through the whole post, you don't see these comments. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Ah, ok, yes - the comment is a new feature, it's not designed to replace the standard forum features. I think the software developers idea behind that was a sort of 'Thanks' type comment rather than a full-on reply.

Comment

• Ipad screenshots for me... Dave Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Last edited by OMA; 26-05-14, 11:19 PM.
              David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

• thats the view I have on PC but not on my ipad - none of the top tabs justthe tapatalk forums etc down the left hand side -

Comment

• That's the website view on the ipad. Incidentally posted from the tapatalk ipad app
                  David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

• sorry - but just spent ages writing this only to have an error flag up on the thread saying i cant post!! grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

error = EMPTY RESPONSE

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

• I think this is a server problem JJ.
                      Even when I moved your post to the thread it just sat there saying 'working' and when trying to create a whole new forum to change the community chatter forum I get 'invalid server response' :'(
                      Last edited by RacingSnake; 30-05-14, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for moving it across though At least the forum remembers what you wrote, in the older versions of the software it would just do "computer says no" and bin all the work and I got into the habbit of doing copy/paste before pressing submit... JJ

Comment

• This one does seem to have a restore/discard message - although appears to show for me on every single post :|

Can you try replying in that ebay thread directly for me now?

Comment

• yeah - working

restore/discard only appears in a few threads for me (e.g. the ebay one)

JJ

Comment

• but now my sig panel has gone again

JJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X