Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV touch screen ?

Do it one by one

Select cover for left, put left tweeter on tweets of cover, then listen to tweeter
    Put left mid on midst of cover, then listen

Repeat for right side

Comment

Right just done it on my break at work ;-) well got it all sounding good but still when I did it had the right mid/tweeter working then done the left the used the radio balance and the right side was left and opposite ! Lol not that I will need to go from one side but it's just weird ! Crossovers must be for left and right sides then well jobs a good'un thanks everyone who has helped me to get to this point can't thank you enough

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

It's not going to sound right though ... No point having an awesome amp and speaker set up if it's not playing correctly.

Your amp outputs left and right channels

Left ch then goes to 1 crossover (left one)

Then from the left crossover the 2 high wires go to the tweeter and the 2 mid wires go to the main speakers.

You need to get it correct or it will sound crappy because of how music is "designed"

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Oh bugger you man lol fine I'll have another look then not much more to do now finish up wires then put the last back panel on JOB DONE...... oh then add a sub when I get one

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Make sure RCA leads the correct way also ie red to red and white to white

Comment

Maybe he is taking the word crossover to literally?

Comment

Originally posted by adrimo View Post
                Make sure RCA leads the correct way also ie red to red and white to white
                Yep all wires checked and are good now had a few crossed ;-/

@mad dan think I did mate lol

Well my questions haven't stopped as of yet I'm finding

1) I can't get a lot of radio stations
                2) quite crackerly and fuzzy

Putting this down to a poor antenna or lead is there things out I can boost the Ariel signal or out the original one and put a new one in ?? Suggestions please ?!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

If radio was fine before maybe the lead has come out of the back, sometimes those boosters only increase the interference not solve it.

Also check the aeriel outside

Comment

Originally posted by adrimo View Post
                    If radio was fine before maybe the lead has come out of the back, sometimes those boosters only increase the interference not solve it.

Also check the aeriel outside
                    Well the aerial seems fine on the back and iv checked most the cable and the bit outside has anyone changed the outside aerial ? Will that make a difference ?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

you can get a booster. if it was perfect before you shouldnt need to upgrade the aerial. i know how easy it is for an aerial to come out the back of a headunit slightly. was it easy to push in the headunit. it needs to be fairly hard or it will not contact properly.

Comment

More to the point, does it play your CD's / DVD's / MP3's correctly? The radio part could be al sorts of things from bad design internally in the head unit,i.e. not sensitive enough, to bad connections, to bad cables. Finally, the aerial is not in the best of positions on the car.

John

Comment

Ariel cable core is one thin strand and easily damaged.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by audiobull View Post
                            you can get a booster. if it was perfect before you shouldnt need to upgrade the aerial. i know how easy it is for an aerial to come out the back of a headunit slightly. was it easy to push in the headunit. it needs to be fairly hard or it will not contact properly.
                            Well it wasn't that perfect before really ! So feel it needs an upgrade of some sort. And it is quite a good fit in the back of the headunit. But it was poor before I changed the HU so dunno if it's the connections either end or the aerial or even the cable umm.....

Originally posted by heinkeljb View Post
                            More to the point, does it play your CD's / DVD's / MP3's correctly? The radio part could be al sorts of things from bad design internally in the head unit,i.e. not sensitive enough, to bad connections, to bad cables. Finally, the aerial is not in the best of positions on the car.

John
                            Yeah my iPhone and cd's work fine it's just the tuner ! Well the HU came out my wife's focus and I no it was working fine in there so know it's not the HU and was thinking position of the aerial is **** too ! ;(

@kapt is that the aerial cable you are referring to ? Does or has anyone changed the aerial cable ??

Easy ?
                            Not so easy ?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

[QUOTE=Smartjames;762265] this is the back panel I made and carpeted to cover up all the wires looks ok now just gonna cut a hole out of it for the sub wires to come out of !

Also there's a pik of my door speaker let me know what you's think and if you want to know anything about it!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Very tidy

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X