TV touch screen ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV touch screen ?

yep you got it. then when finished paint around the the metal that is exposed or your end up with a hole of rust in a few years time.
    all looking good though mate

Comment

Nowt to stop you using a blow torch to solder with.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartjames View Post
        Well I ant no professional and only have a little soldering iron but I'll squash it like problemchild said then put some solder either side on the wires !

So that pik I put is ok to leave the washer out then just use the block spacer ?? So I have cleaned all metal around the bolt hole,put ground cable/ring down then either block spacer on top with bolt or ring down washer then block spacer then bolt ?

Sorry to keep on I just want to try get it the best I can the first time round cheers

Sent from my iPhone
        Correct

Comment

Lol sorry but not one answered the question leave the washer or put it in :-/

Sent from my iPad

Comment

I would use washer, but it's not a must.

Comment

@ MadDan,

Just using a blow torch to solder is not good. The flux in the solder burns off in the high temperature of the flame and does not do it's job properly of cleaning the two pieces of metal. It also allows the oxides on the metal to form a layer which the solder does not penetrate leading to high resistance joints.

If you are lucky, you will get small patches of good soldering in your joint which for a while will provide a low resistance path, but the oxidization will eventually creep through the whole joint.

That's why you should just use a hot piece of metal rather than a naked flame.

John

Comment

Depends how long you leave the heat on obviously, you don't have to go OTT you know!

Comment

Update.....

So..... All done but one door speaker really low and the tweeters seem too high or is that just how they are ?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

What do u mean, are you talking about volume or position?

Comment

Originally posted by adrimo View Post
                      What do u mean, are you talking about volume or position?
                      Both if I go on the radio settings and balance to the left or the right I'm getting one tweeter working with the opposite door speaker so think the wires are wrong ! Is there a left and right crossovers ? Oh I do sometimes think I should never had started lol and still needing a sub yet oh dear !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

It sounds like you have them mixed up, just swap over at the crossover both are the same, they don't come in left and right.

Looks good by the way, keep going rewards will come soon

Have you set the gains on the amp?

Comment

isn't the crossover marked high and mid?

i don't really understand though.

each crossover should do one side of the car..... i.e. a left crossover that does mid and tweeter (high) and a right crossover that does the 2 speakers on that side of the car.

have you done it thinking 1 crossover does the tweeters and 1 crossover does the mids??

(a crossover takes the 2 speaker wires from the radio and splits the signal into 2 sets of frequencies and so outputs 4 speaker wires....2 to the tweeter and 2 to the mids)

the fli sub should just need power, switch and the rca

JJ
                          Last edited by problemchild1976; 19-01-14, 10:02 PM.

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

looking good mate. dont forget to give the earth a quick go over with paint or even some perminant marker. as long as its not open to the air and wet/damp that happens under the carpet.
                            anyone looking at changing a headunit and seeing its over 25 pages will think again hahaha

Comment

I must have some wiring mixed up somewhere. Haven't set the gain as want all speakers working equally before messing with it (so iv been told) and I think the crossovers maybe the problem but on them they are marked up with rubber sleeve with tweeter one one and woofer on the other so can't really go wrong but then again it's me lol oh well back to the drawing board !!

Will it matter if I took all wires off and did it one by one even if the crossover says tweeter but the woofer is on it ? If you understand me !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I must have some wiring mixed up somewhere. Haven't set the gain as want all speakers working equally before messing with it (so iv been told) and I think the crossovers maybe the problem but on them they are marked up with rubber sleeve with tweeter one one and woofer on the other so can't really go wrong but then again it's me lol oh well back to the drawing board !!

Will it matter if I took all wires off and did it one by one even if the crossover says tweeter but the woofer is on it ? If you understand me !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X