Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do police stop your smart?

Originally posted by nimze View Post
    stopped in elephant castle for speeding up the bus lane at over 50mph in a 30mph road) n they were on a side road which i neva saw to slow down . . . btw i was realli doin arnd 70/75 . . . jus got a producer, apparently wen they finally did find me stuck in traffic near vauxhall, the bully van had its sirens on with another bully van and 3 other astra's lookin for me, got away clean

anuva time on streatham high road for havin my dimmers on with the spotlights, told me its not foggy so turn them off, i said theyre not fogs, check the back, if they were fogs there would be a bright red fog light on the back, officer checked back n i drove away with them still on (after 20mins of debatin :p )

final time on brighton road in croydon, on my way to get a bulb changed at surrey smart centre, not speedin this time but for been in the bus lane at 2.30pm when the blue sign clearly states bus lane time is 0700-1000 and 1600-1900, had arguement with them regarding this, they threatened me with court, told them ill see them there coz i cant wait to cuss them in their faces in front of a judge, this waz over a month ago, still waitin to hear from them :censor:
    I'm sorry, is this in English? I think my computer's broken... :knock:

Comment

Speaking for myself. I don't usually stop modified vehicles. If the owners have money to spend on customising, they usually have money to spend on insurance etc.

What I look for are s:censor:t boxes. Not likely to have insurance, a test certificate or a driving licence. It's a summons on wheels.

HOWEVER. If you drive a Smart in Newcastle, I may stop you to talk about your car. But then you'd like that anyway. Wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by jamiebeveridge View Post
        but since he was the dog unit and had initially seen me from side on it was my lucky day and i was going to just be told off.
        telling you off is about all he could do, because he was in the dog van and he dont have a calibrated speedometer or a speed gun or a time over distance machine fitted to his vehicle, so he couldnt produce any viable evidence to the court to report you for speeding.

Comment

Was pulled up in a carpark the other week when a Police car stops across the way (i think the crowd of people around the car caught their attention), I could tell he was checking me out on the radio, so when they jump out and headed my way, one of the people by the car goes, your nicked, to which I reply, I aint bothered as the cars has nothing illegal in or on it!

First thing he says - Funny looking silver car (Doh - Cars completely red including tridion)

Was a fair cop :wag:

Comment

Originally posted by Jsun View Post
            Was pulled up in a carpark the other week when a Police car stops across the way (i think the crowd of people around the car caught their attention), I could tell he was checking me out on the radio, so when they jump out and headed my way, one of the people by the car goes, your nicked, to which I reply, I aint bothered as the cars has nothing illegal in or on it!

First thing he says - Funny looking silver car (Doh - Cars completely red including tridion)

Was a fair cop :wag:

I take it, that he was of Scandanavian or Germanic extraction?

Comment

I've never been pulled over in the smartie, I will soon enough though!

There's a set of duel carriageways in Ashford, the police always do 60 down them, I just love flying past dead on 70 known that they can do nothing

Other than that I’m a sensible, careful driver

Comment

been pulled over twice in the roady, both for RBT's

touch wood havent been pulled over in the Brabus forfour...yet

Comment

You could look at it another way. That Mr (or Mrs) Policeman was lonely and wanted soneone to talk to, and you look like an interesting person in your unusual car.

Comment

Originally posted by NKR View Post
                    Speaking for myself. I don't usually stop modified vehicles. If the owners have money to spend on customising, they usually have money to spend on insurance etc.

What I look for are s:censor:t boxes. Not likely to have insurance, a test certificate or a driving licence. It's a summons on wheels.
                    I agree 100%, the only time I have stopped a modded car was to have a look inside a brabus Roadie when I was deciding whether to buy one or not

Comment

Originally posted by will-w View Post
                      set of duel carriageways
                      that's not what the carriageways are for

Comment

Only ever had a police car pull up to me once. In my first roadster on a rare and beautiful summers evenin in edinburgh, i was driving with the roof off, stereo up loud enjoying the sunshine! Stopped at a set of lights at top of leith walk, and a police car pulled up beside me and rolled window down

"you having fun there son" i was asked.

"er.....yeah??" i tetively replied thinkin, what do you think??! im in a sports car, roof off, sun shining on a saturday night!!

"slow it down or you'll have an accident" and with that he drove off.

thing was, i wasnt speeding, just probably driving a little quicker off the mark than i should have been!

Comment

stopped this morning -unmarked car ( which had been tailgating me on A43!)

Comment

Got a caution from some Gendermaries in France, got told to slow down. I was doing under the speed limit, up hill, overtaking a struggling espace... lucky he didnt see me earlier when I was playing about with a few friends in a TVR Cerbera, a Lotus 340R and a Porsche 993 - none of which could keep up with me!*

*the advantages of LHD/high driving position on narrow A-roads on the continent. :mwaha:

Edit: Never been pulled over in the UK, though I have been followed a fair few times.

Comment

i once got pulled over in my roadster by two police officers in a bmw and reason was they said i jumped a red light infront of them and i was speeding....police officer saw me in my uniform and said you might be in a rush and have a smart car but your not a smart driver and then let me go.....:redface:

Comment

No, the British police have not stopped my Smart (to date) but police authorities in the USA stopped me 3 times in 2005, but they (the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) the Monroe County Sheriff & the Brevard County Sheriff) were forced to admit later they were mistaken, & apologised.

In respect of other motor vehicles, I was lucky to be let off twice with just a verbal warning after allegation of:
                                (1) 114 to 118mph on M4 near Newbury driving a Piper P2;
                                (2) 112mph on the M40 down Chicken-Poo Canyon in a MR2.

Yin yang was restored, however, when I was humiliated twice:
                                (1) 60mph in a 2CV in 30mph zone (OK, it WAS downhill) & ticketed, but DVLA had the good grace to forget to put the 3 points on my licence;
                                (2) Accidentally reversed my Ford Mustang-engined Fiat 500 into a police car at probably 4mph on moving off at traffic lights, the result of
                                (a) my nervousness at having been followed by said plod on my first trip out in the modded 500, &,
                                (b) owing to a screw-up, the modification resulted in the car having one forward gear & 3 reverse gears.
                                I hadn't fully come to terms with this & on moving off my naturally law-abiding nature was compromised, leading me to select one of the reverse gears instead of the one forward gear. But they didn't book me, though the experience caused me to get rid of the car shortly after.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X