X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never used e bay..to long to reg

Comment

vote

cost of posting items would be the main factor.
      if an item could hold real value the owner may be wiser to post the item on ebay, if an item is low value but of interest to smart owners the forum may be usefull to other members.

Comment

Thumbs up from this corner

Comment

Good idea but would like to know what method of payment would be used.

Comment

I think its a fantastic idea.
            Even though lots use ebay, i think that selling anything smart related here would be far better as you have a target audience.

Deffinately would use it.

Cant wait.

Oh yeah... the payment thing would be an issue. If you could incorporate paypal then that would be fantastic as i use it for ebay and it is by far the most secure method.

Comment

I have voted yes, but only do it if the site an dyou can make some money out it, at least enough to cover the cost of setting it all up. Keep up the good work.

Comment

If the function is there, I'm sure people will use it!!!, need to keep an eye out for 'abuse' and trade sales etc...

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

I like the idea but voted no. I would prefer some tighter rules for the for sale section instead. Have a look at www.avforums.com they have an excellent well run for sale section which would be much better than an auction system.

Key rules are:

-Only 1 ad per person at anytime.
                  -All negotiating carried out on the thread no pms until sale agreed (unless aranging a viewing or similar)
                  -Items not allowed to be advertised elsewhere
                  -Seller has to state a price for all items when the ad is first put up

Having these sorts of rules doesn't upset the enthusiasts on the site but it helps keep out people who are more likely to be traders or less than honest (they often just can't be bothered to read the rules). They also have a feedback system which is very good.

Comment

Sounds good, so a 'yes' from me too.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea big thumbs up from me guys

Comment

i voted no, have to agree totally with sylvester, and the points evilution posted as bad, there would be some good from it, however it could go wrong for some sellers/buyers, and then where do they stand?

good idea, but needs a lot of thought and plannin first, so, provisionally no...

Comment

Why not - I sold my Passion through putting it up on Funkysmart.

Comment

aUCTIONS YES ON OR NO /

HI, Regards as to if we would like a auction on our site

Is this to be a Smart related auction cars ,spares etc or

Other items , such as Brass model aeroplanes, fridge freezers and my daughters hand in marriage, please comment on content . Ponger

Comment

Woo Hoo Great idea am in all favour of it

Comment

Have used ebay for several years now (usually buying cameras) and have watched the prices being forced up by greed. would this happen here? I feel that straight sales are much better.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X