smart of Lakeside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smart of Lakeside

have i missed something or have lakeside stopped selling smarts? we went there at weekend, they had 6 used smart fortwos and a couple of forfour and that was it!

Comment

yeah they changed the smart part to a jeep/dodge dealer a little while back... even more of an excuse not to go there...

Leigh sorry to hear that... make sure they do it properly!

Comment

Chequered Flag is in Strewd would be a good service alternative - my Roadie is booked in for a B-Service on Friday - quoted at £199 for the Brabus. Not bad. They should be able to spot things the warranty would cover and then I can take it for those (only) to Smart in Tonbridge.

Comment

Originally posted by superstevie View Post
          have i missed something or have lakeside stopped selling smarts? we went there at weekend, they had 6 used smart fortwos and a couple of forfour and that was it!
          I think everywhere is doing that!

When I went to pick my roadie back up last Friday from Smart Maidstone, there were 2 ForTwo's outside, and that was it!

Apparently most of the dealerships are moving away from 2nd hand Smarts, and only selling the new ForTwo!

I suppose it's all us roadie owners with our leaky roofs, keep going in to get fixed under warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by iansumuk View Post
            ... then I can take it for those (only) to Smart in Tonbridge.
            If you ever have any issues with Tonbridge, let me know!

I've got the mobile number of the big cheese at their head office!

Comment

well if MB dealers are phasing smarts out, do you know if anyone has done this?

Comment

Originally posted by superstevie View Post
                well if MB dealers are phasing smarts out, do you know if anyone has done this?
                Sounds cool, maybe the future of Smart is looking up!

No Merc, no problems (in theory)

Comment

in theory lol

but this article is about a year old, just wondered if anyone has actually done it yet!

Comment

Well I guess setting up a dealership is a costly business...

It's something i've always wanted to do, only it was in the form of a kit car, not smart!

Comment

That article says "We have the second largest owners club in the country with 22,000 members" - so where's the official Smart owners club then? I don't think I'm a member. I'm probably being dumb and am already a member !

EDIT: Ah found it, better watch what I say on their system - I am a member already, didn't realise it was official!
                      Last edited by iansumuk; 24-04-07, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Oh no my time has come!!!!

Got to take my Charlie to Lakeside at 8am in the morning and leaving him there for the day to have the re-con done :frown:

I wonder what joy I have in store and what pile of s**t they give me for the day.....I bet they make me late for work as well saying that I'm not booked in with them blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn!!!

Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Radley View Post
                          Oh no my time has come!!!!

Got to take my Charlie to Lakeside at 8am in the morning and leaving him there for the day to have the air-con done :frown:

I wonder what joy I have in store and what pile of s**t they give me for the day.....I bet they make me late for work as well saying that I'm not booked in with them blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn!!!

Wish me luck
                          ooops I meant air-con....I was thinking of ghost re-con the xbox game at the time :embarasse

Comment

Good luck Leigh, hope it all gets done with minimum of hassle
                            Last edited by Landy; 12-05-07, 12:06 PM. Reason: cos i'm a numb nut that can't spell

Comment

Today...I am in shock. I went to Lakeside to do a bit of shopping, got back to my Smartie, and lo and behold, she wouldnt open. All that happened was the indicators flashed 9 times, but nope, I couldnt get in.

Damn. And, worse, SmartAssist was going to charge me for coming out, as my membership had expired. Not great.

So I decided to walk over to the Smart centre, 5 mins away, and see what they could do. All credit to them, they were...I can barely believe it, but they were, fantastic.

The guy on Smart Sales (Piers Harley i think his name was) was really nice to me, I was charged £2 for a new battery for my key fob, then was driven over to my car, along with a service guy and the diagnostics machine, and they re-programmed my keys for me on the spot, and totally fixed whatever had gone wrong.

So £2 for everything...and not the huge AA call out I was initially expecting...all credit to Lakeside, they actually did really well by me today, I was really pleased with them

(Went back 20 mins later with a box of chocolates for my guy Costas who helped me, hopefully they'll get to him and won't be eaten by the sales team!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Smartiepants View Post
                                The guy on Smart Sales (Piers Harley i think his name was) was really nice to me
                                Blimey. It was Piers whom I dealt with for my original Roadie-to-be; he was a Merc salesman at the time and had nothing to do with the smarts. This was borne out by the fact that he a) didn't know how to switch the alarm off and b) didn't know how to switch the immobiliser off when the key had been in the ignition for a couple of minutes...he was very pleasant and friendly though, admittedly, and kept me topped up with caffeine (in a proper cup!) which always helps.
                                The surprising things to me are that he's now on the smart side of things (also when smarts seem to be vehicula non grata there) and also that I'd actually heard a couple of weeks ago that he'd left Lakeside as well.

Funny old world :flutter:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X