Owners - talk to me, tell me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Owners - talk to me, tell me

Thanks all for the replies so far. I'll definitely view the one in surrey but it sounds like the price is completely potty, so will walk away if I can't get a good price.

I am now in birmingham but do breeze by sheffield often!

Comment

Originally posted by swissheavy View Post
      Blimey! Didn't realise there were so many for sale on the mainland. Not sure I can be bothered with the associated hassle. There's one for sale at Surrey Smart Centre but seems a touch steep...

And yes, not to worry, have a garage ready and waiting
      i've bought 2 of my smarts from surrey smart centre, i they are really friendly down there. if you go down there you will probably speak to anthony or jason.

yes i agree there prices are pretty steep but dont be afraid to haggle if its priced up for £10k dont be afraid to go in at £8500, if they realise your serious im sure there is a deal to be had. also they offer 1 years warranty as standard on all there cars.

Comment

Cheers for the pointers Alex, it is Anthony I've spoken to so far. I didn't realise they put a warranty on - but I bet they may have disclaimers on it. And with me being in Birmingham it's not very useful for me either! Will try and get the price down, but I am not holding my breath and I'll walk away if I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by J500ANT View Post
          Care to share further details, on the off chance us Crossblade owners can get this preventative recall done?

Just go into your local Smart dealers and ask them if your vehicle has had the door latch recall work done? My car had already been done when I was first looking at it, but I thought the bloke I bought it off was just bullshitting me so I asked at my local dealer before I made the purchase just to check out how truthful he was being.

They had never heard of this work but checked my cars details on line and sure enough it had been done, so don't be alarmed if your dealer knows nothing about the recall. Make them look into it and then get yours booked in. Simple as that really. Hope its helpful to you other owners

Comment

Cheers, though my faith in my local dealer has taken a hit as they bent the screen prop when servicing it, then scratched the inside of the screen (between it and the cowl) while they've had it sat waiting for parts (still waiting).

Comment

I am looking at buying a Crossblade
              I thought you'd given up on Smarts after having a roadster & then a Brabus 451?

Good luck with your search tho mate - I'd love one myself but I think 2 cars is enough for now

Comment

Dude! You have a good memory! I must admit, I do get bored of my cars easily, but I dont regret selling the brabus, the ride was too harsh. I do regret selling the roadster though... But I have the option to buy that back for a bargain £1500, which i will do if I can't get the blade.

Comment

Dude! You have a good memory!
                  Haha - Like an elephant I've been told?!

£1500 sounds like a bargain...

Comment

I've just renewed the insurance on mine for £248 on a limited mileage basis, as part of my Admiral multi car policy.

What to watch out for? Bees and stonechips to the face

Comment

Bees??? Its pigeons you need to worry about.....remember the Bluebird Cafe meet and my trip back up the M1

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                        Bees??? Its pigeons you need to worry about.....remember the Bluebird Cafe meet and my trip back up the M1
                        No I don't, but I do remember someone (PeteR?!) getting a bee in his shorts!!

Comment

Sounds like maybe some enclosed goggles are a good idea for around town and a helmet if going on the motorway!

Comment

Of course, there is the cheaper option .....

The Camargue Crossblade rip off ...

Sorry. It's Friday. I'll get my coat.

Comment

That is just soooooo wrong.

Comment

Looked at the car, was vertu nice but only had one service stamp in 2006. Couldn't get a sweet enough deal...will rock on

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X