Crossblade Door Bar Stuck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crossblade Door Bar Stuck

Sorry to hear about your problem.........but nice to see you have some help on here regarding sorting it out.

Whats all this about a re-call then Putz?

If its an official recall then aren't Smart suppose to contact all registered owners via DVLA & tell us about it?!?!

Comment

Yes, Tony especially has been very helpful.

I've had most of the boot linings out today to see if it's possible to gain access to the latch from the rear - it's not. It's not possible to remove the switch mechanim, which is screwed in from the other side and the screws are covered by the jammed door bar :censor:

It looks like drilling from the underside is going to be the only other option.

I have written to MB UK to try and find out if there was / is a recall. Time will tell. I will of course let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullivj View Post
        Yes, Tony especially has been very helpful.

I've had most of the boot linings out today to see if it's possible to gain access to the latch from the rear - it's not. It's not possible to remove the switch mechanim, which is screwed in from the other side and the screws are covered by the jammed door bar :censor:

It looks like drilling from the underside is going to be the only other option.

I have written to MB UK to try and find out if there was / is a recall. Time will tell. I will of course let you know.
        :censor: Sorry to hear your still no nearer to getting sorted John.

Will certainly be interested to hear the reply you get from MBUK regarding a possible recall?!?!

Just hope I don't experience a similar problem :prey:

Comment

At the very least, make sure you grease the locks. If I were you, I would remove them and inspect the plastic coller to check it's condition. If it's scored, I would take it out as Tony has done. There's nothing worse than a door stuck in the down position and it sticks with no warning at all. I washed the car before it got stuck and wonder if I sprayed some water too close to the latch that has forced dirt into the collar. I have heard of other Bladers who had problems with the bars just after washing, so beware.

I think that drilling it out is the only way forward. I have access to the Workshop Information System (WIS) through my MB club membership, so I will take a look on there and see if it tells me where to drill the hole. Hopefully Smart will do it for me, but probably not for free. I will let you know of course.

John

Comment

MB UK are now looking into this for me to see who has benefitied from this 'service measure' (not recall) already. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X