No announcement yet.

the forfour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't particularly mind it looking like a Peugeot 206 from the front, it means it looks nice. Unlike the Peugeot though it's prolly got a slightly better chance at being reliable... :zip:

I'd have to agree with the back end being "Corsa" like *shudders* Which could only be a bad thing...

- Steven -

Comment

Diesel

Has anyone got a diesel for/four??.As i have just read a write up on this car and it looks pretty good.Also what are the seats like for long distant driving. Thanks for any answers that come my way. Brian

Comment

I wasn't convinced until I test drove one. It was a much better drive than I expected. (Certainly better than my old Fiat Brava 'The Gutless Wonder'. I need to buy a car of this size in September and it is definately an option. The only downside is the price - which is much too high. On the nearly new market there are so many other options for less.

Comment

re forfour

Hi, Giraffe, I have just been surfing, and found a few on www.autobytel.co.uk. new . used. and nearly new. hope this helps.
          I have just enquired about servicing at M/B and they are quoteing A service, £110 . B service £140. C service £285.mg: still too much money. regards Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution
            give the back some shape with a subtle spoiler and take away the rear doors.
            Evil, i totally agree with you on this one. so many small cars have a practical 5 door and a sporty 3 door. Mitsubishi done it with the colt, why can they do this with the forfour?

As for what i think of it, ive driven one, liked it a lot. Its expensive, very nice inside, looks awkward from the front (too many lines and lights should be single unit) and rear is neat. Looks best in all balck or silver.

jblokeThe ForFour is as much a Smart as the Cayenne is a Porsche

Well in a sense maybe, forfour was needed to generate extra income like the cayenne has for porsche. Otherwise porsche would be running out of cash very quickly!

Comment

diesel (95)

I took a test drive on Saturday, and i was very impressed with the soft-touch gear shift. Are the services still at 9500mls?? as this will make it expensive to run over time. Have now asked if i can have a 48hr test drive to see what the comfort is like Because i have found that the more comfortable the car is, i tend to fall asleep on long journeys. This is one of the reasons of buying a fortwo, to stay awake on all roads(have to go for the sports option).. Brian.

Comment

forfour

I have one today as a courtesy car, a melon green and black 1.3 pulse, and i like it, way better than my old punto. On the motorway though i thought the engine was a bit noisy, but is certainly quick enough. I like the interior design and it feels solidly built, and should be reliable afterall (is the 1.3 a mitsi engine?). So if I needed 4 seats i would probably have one, but i dont so i'll stick to my fortwo cabbie...

Comment

If it was cheaper maybe it would be the smart choice

Comment

the problem eith all smarts is how insanely expensive they are... I know you have something different, etc etc etc... but that doesn't have to do with prod. prices!!!

I say that if they'd made cheaper more reliable cars they woul have made some money.

Think about roadsters the price they're now! They are selling very well! Woudld it have bother DC to make them this cheap thus us forgiving the faulty bits?

its far from an ideal world

Comment

sorry to deviate from the thread but uv'e got it if smarts were cheaper i.e. servicing or the actual price then they would sell much better. Just got topgear mag through the post and as u may know Smart are doing lots of ad's, it looks great then u look at the price and u go....... umm i'll get something else. If only they put the price that the deler was willing to go down to LOL... :tongue:

Oh and smart are growing up arent they :sad: , the ad was like
                      "WERE GROWN UP NOW" buy one??

sorry for the diversion

carry on

Tom

Comment

Smart advertising is bad anyway :zip:

Comment

Have test driven a manual petrol and an auto diesel forfour.... the diesel was lovely.

I took my 4x4 loving (decidedly NOT forfour loving!) friend with me, and she came away quite impressed..... just not impressed enough to buy one, as the options that you'd definitely want to add to the car push the price up way beyond reasonable.

All the forfours I've seen around have had older folk driving 'em - which makes me wonder whether the funky styling is a bit surplus to requirements. While nattering at Smart of Liverpool, the saleswoman confessed that most of their sales have been to old folks, because the car is now available as a motability option, and cuz of the auto gearbox.

That said, I think the car looks lovely in silver and star blue :star:

Comment

I test drove a For4 yesterday while my For2 was being looked at due to a recall. The car looks great from the outside, and the interior is superb. The car drove exceptionally well, and handled very nicely. I loved the idea of the seats, and to me they seem very practical. I liked it so much I spent nearly 6 hours with MB buying one. As much as I love my For2, sometimes it is awkward only having 2 seats and I don't want to be boring like others and drive a Ford, Vauxhall, Nissan, etc, etc so to me the Smart For4 is the perfect car. Everyone has their own opinions, but if you don't like it, don't drive one. Simple as that really. Lets all just remember how much everyone slated the For2 when it first made an appearance, and look how many people drive them now!!

Comment

Re: the forfour

its a well built car, excellent 4 seater for the price...

Comment

Re: the forfour

I love the for four, I like a car that looks different but the interior is fab. My daughter gets car sick in the back of a car no matter what the size but not the four for. It is a little car that feels big on the inside and the glass roof makes all the difference it makes the car feel spacious gives loads of light I get a a feeling of freedom. I love all the smarts but with a son and daughter sometimes I need more than 2 seats, I had to wait for mine and no regrets at all.

this sounds harsh but MY CAR, MY CHOICE, MY MONEY and if people don't like it ..... as Lauren off the telly would say ..... am I bothered......

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X