Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diesel

Originally posted by Brian
    Has anyone got a diesel for/four??.As i have just read a write up on this car and it looks pretty good.Also what are the seats like for long distant driving. Thanks for any answers that come my way. Brian
    got the for4 diesel owend it 12 months great car 55 mpg without trying travel up to scotland and down to cornwall regular with 3 kids in tow. its an auto with glass roof sat nav heated seats
    great car bit expesive to buy but wouldnt have anything else
    russ t
    Last edited by russt; 03-01-06, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Re: the forfour

nice looking little car, sporty-ish look but the 2 huge pillars (of whatever you call them) (part of the frame of the car, at the front creates a serious blind spot whilst turning around corners. !

Comment

well seeing as i may shortly have to chop in my roadie brabus (surprise extra family member on the way), i'm interested in what the four4 (fourfour, 44, 4four) brabus is like... would have to have the softtouch gearbox, as i *love* that on my roadie in london... ended up driving a 44 1.0 thingie just before my roadie was delivered and it was quite a nice surprise, would love to know what people think of the brabus version though...

Comment

Originally posted by davidfsmith
          well seeing as i may shortly have to chop in my roadie brabus (surprise extra family member on the way), i'm interested in what the four4 (fourfour, 44, 4four) brabus is like... would have to have the softtouch gearbox, as i *love* that on my roadie in london... ended up driving a 44 1.0 thingie just before my roadie was delivered and it was quite a nice surprise, would love to know what people think of the brabus version though...
          The BRABUS version is manual only, is quite thirsty but very very rare and superb fun. Try a 95bhp diesel with semi auto if you can, it may surprise you.

Comment

People who have driven both Tony's Brabus and my 95 bhp diesel with the auto and paddles are surprised by my diesel, it really flies, I'd say and have been told by others that it's the best forfour to get!! and I get about 60 mpg and Tony gets about 30 mpg!!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by lil.smartie
              People who have driven both Tony's Brabus and my 95 bhp diesel with the auto and paddles are surprised by my diesel, it really flies, I'd say and have been told by others that it's the best forfour to get!! and I get about 60 mpg and Tony gets about 30 mpg!!

Kate
              Isn't 30mpg a bit optimistic Kate? :tongue:

Just to add my view to all this, I love the ForFours and can vouch for the Brabus having driven Tony's.
              I do however think they are a bit pricey new but then again I'd never buy a new car.
              As for people saying they aren't a smart, isn't that what the whole tridion thing is about. I think they particularly stand out when you have one in bold colours and with a different tridion colour......especially red/silver. I must admit they do tend to blend when they are all one colour. Black ones are the worst.

Would I buy one? Yes but only when I feel I have the need for a 'big' car.

BTW, Kate, can you take me for a spin in yours one day? I want to see just how good the diesel is. :smile:

Comment

Good Luck Nick, I struggle to get the keys off Paul these days, You remember the one 'Mr Forfour's are pointless!' Now he seems to have claimed it! He's even tried to get me to drive the Maverick!!!!!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by lil.smartie
                  Good Luck Nick, I struggle to get the keys off Paul these days, You remember the one 'Mr Forfour's are pointless!' Now he seems to have claimed it! He's even tried to get me to drive the Maverick!!!!!

Kate

You need to show him who is boss then!! :tongue:

Comment

The Wife is picking her ForFour up on the 19th.

The Fortwo was proving to be a little bit impractical as she couldn't borrow my car as often as she used to.

Picking up an ex-demo 54 plate 1.3 Pulse Softtouch. I was very impressed with it when we tested it at the weekend but I will miss the ForTwo.

Comment

I have one today as a courtesy car while the roadie gets its leaks fixed. Thought it was quite nippy and a reasonable hatchback ......until I tried to get IKEA furniture in it - OMG - only managed 2 flat-pack chairs with the seat folded down! My old civic looked as big in terms of the body size but could easily have carried 3 times as much. I ended up putting one flat pack on the passenger seat and one in the boot as the visibility out the back was compromised with 2 in the boot. I suppose what I'm trying to say is if you want a hatchback for the purpose of carrying big stuff, don't get a 4-4.

Comment

I've had my ForFour just under a month, and I love her so much!

I was driving a ford fiesta before, and I could believe the difference, just the whole way that my car handles, with regard to cornering, steering, braking, etc etc it is just a fabulous fun car!

The safety is, being Smart, brilliant, and I really am now looking for excuses to go to really mundane places, just so I can drive there.

I think the ForFour is a great car-if I could get away with only having a 2-seater, then that's what I'd have, but the forfour is a fantastic alternative

Calliope:smile:

Comment

I agree with you 100% had my for four for over a year now and still love it.
                          Luckily we have a roadster and a for two in the family too so I can enjoy them all.

Comment

just to add my 2 pennies worth, I picked up my forfour brabus last Saturday and I love it to bits. reminds me of my old Renault 5 GT turbo days, only more refined and a lot more turbo thrust.

Traded a Citroen C4 VTS in for the brabus, cos I wanted a smaller, nippier car and the added bonus of it being a 4 door means my kids aren't wrecking the door sills and plastic edges climbing in and out of the back.

Being able to completely move the back seats up and out of the way behind the front seats is fantastic for loading, and the fact that it is slammed and has a set of fat wheels on it means you can throw it round corners with ease.

The Brabus forfour has everything on it that I love about racy cars......its noisy and raw, you can feel the road on every twist, turn and straight and when you change from 2nd to 3rd gear and hit 3k revs the turbo kicks in pushing you back into the seat, and leaving you with a Cheshire cat grin from ear to ear.

I feel like I have gone back in time to the fun days of driving my GTT :WOW:

Comment

I think the forfour is brilliant...it isnt like any other four-seater on the road, which is surely the whole ethos of Smart.

I love how it handles and how unusual it looks-even though mine's all black, she (my cars a girl) still gets admiring looks from others, and people want to know what car she is-she does stand out

Think the reliability is fantastic, sound system in the car is great, love the ESP (the test drive and the safety features with the emergency stops, etc. will stay with me for life, for some reason i did find it just so fun)...think its a great car overall

(and of course low maintenance costs...65 mpg is brilliant!!!)

Calliope:smile:

Comment

they are certainly a rare site on the roads!! I had a cyclist craining his neck whilst taking a look at mine! nearly crashed straight into some parked cars :eek:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X