Can 44 Brabus be remapped? Need more power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can 44 Brabus be remapped? Need more power

yeah I suppose but things like carpets / sun visor isn't that a bit extreme ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
      yeah I suppose but things like carpets / sun visor isn't that a bit extreme ?
      do you see them in rally cars or racing cars?

No! And why not?

Cos they add weight for no real benefit if all you want is speed!

Go on, strip the car this weekend, you know you want to!
      sigpic
      DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Comment

The prob at the moment on the CDi & Brabs is the sensors on the lid of the air box. This means it can't just be removed like on the std petrol cars. We are working on it at the moment though with a UK air filter & induction company!

Kate

Comment

Hi Kate

At least you guys are trying :0

I wouldn't think a new exhaust for the Brabus would help as it's already pretty good (had a poke under it), unless it can be decatted...

Air-filter, that'll help....

Engine wise, I think eventually a larger turbo, pistons etc. But we'll need to wait a few years for that ;-)

Comment

I would need to have a Brabus for4 for a couple of days to see IF the mods that I want to do are possible.

axisofunity I see that you are London based would you like to call me and we can have a chat re your needs.

Ian
            Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
            STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
            TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Performance
              I would need to have a Brabus for4 for a couple of days to see IF the mods that I want to do are possible.

axisofunity I see that you are London based would you like to call me and we can have a chat re your needs.

Ian
              Ian

Please keep me informed of any mods you are working on / already have for the Brabus forfour?

I'm always looking to improve my Brabus & so far a K&N air filter is the only mod I have.

I'm especially curious about the fitment of a bigger turbo but not sure what would be involved?

Also as mentioned above what's the situation with decatting the Brabus exhaust? , or can it be replaced with a sports cat? (are sports cats MOT legal?)

Anyone shed any light?

Comment

The back box is just that, a box, the cats are further up the system. At the moment, unless we can get 30 people who want a forfour exhaust, can fit any forfour it's not worth getting them made which would be a shame!

Kate

Comment

Originally posted by lil.smartie
                  The back box is just that, a box, the cats are further up the system. At the moment, unless we can get 30 people who want a forfour exhaust, can fit any forfour it's not worth getting them made which would be a shame!

Kate
                  What kind of price would a one off be?

I remember a couple of months back somebody from Janspeed had posted on here asking to use somebody's brabus to test an exhaust they were working on , wonder if they ever finished it & is available?

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                    What kind of price would a one off be?

I remember a couple of months back somebody from Janspeed had posted on here asking to use somebody's brabus to test an exhaust they were working on , wonder if they ever finished it & is available?
                    Just have a custom one off build , like i am. I have found the place and they use top notch steel

The remaping is best left to the japs, its more or less partly their product. Germany is not very interested in the tuning for the forfour but will make again on a one off.

I dont think its very wise to increase the power on the 1500cc block. FOr brabus todo 210ps they made alot, and i mean alot..... which means alot of custom £££££ engine parts.

Goodluck

Comment

I noticed SW has updated their website with a little more detail about forfour remaps !

The remaps now have a name & seems like a hint at the figure of power upgrade.

From what I hear it's only a couple more months away.

Can't wait !!

Comment

Could surely just get a custom map, rather than waiting for these "off the shelf" maps. They just dont seem to work well once you chance or upgrade something that the test car had.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix3dfx225
                          Could surely just get a custom map, rather than waiting for these "off the shelf" maps. They just dont seem to work well once you chance or upgrade something that the test car had.
                          The only trouble is that there are no custom maps for the forfour at the moment , from what I read / heard the ECU on the forfour petrol has proved a tough nut to crack & I think there's only 1 or 2 companies that have managed to do & they are currently working on the remaps now.

I assume once the standard remaps are out in the open then a custom one could be sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by redbaron
                            explain why the brabus concept has 210hp then.... from the same lump???
                            Why??

Can't you see the word 'CONCEPT' ?

Comment

Just had another look on SW's site & they've posted up the cost for 135 upgrade for the 1.5 petrol

Forfour 1.5
                              £1500,-
                              SW F4 Competition Kit F135

OUCH !!

So I guess you can't just have a basic remap on the 1.5 petrol then coz the upgrade mentions new exhaust / cams etc...?

Just have to wait & see what the price of the Brabus upgrade is gonna be.
                              Last edited by Mr_BRABUS; 12-01-07, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Best upgrade for the Brabus forfour is a complete exhaust system. Manifold and cat and ALL pipes give approx 15bhp and 25Nm....
                                Just to let you know Wellsmart and I are doing a BIG silicon AIr Intake Pipe(TIK)
                                Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
                                STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
                                TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X