EXP throttle body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EXP throttle body

got the reducer in the post this morning, finally all put together and the only diff so far is that it idles a bit high. Still need to take it for a real test though. Wish me luck will report back later

Comment

Is it not possible the fueling is out at idle, and that's why it starts to hunt.

Remember that unlike a lot of cars, these do not have a MAF (mass air flow sensor).

What codes are you getting when you get the lumpy idle and the dash lights? Might be worth getting a wideband to see what the mixture is doing.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie81 View Post
        Is it not possible the fueling is out at idle, and that's why it starts to hunt.

Remember that unlike a lot of cars, these do not have a MAF (mass air flow sensor).

What codes are you getting when you get the lumpy idle and the dash lights? Might be worth getting a wideband to see what the mixture is doing.

Cheers.
        I get no dash lights or Error codes.

Although someone here has got them.

In my case, it all might be working fine except id like the stronger/stiffer spring out of the old throttle body so there is less delay in throttle position changing

Comment

After a good drive today everything seems to be okay. Revs go up a bit when I turn the AC on. Don't know if I'm getting the full benefit, thought about resetting the ECU but I'm not sure, seems to be running fine.

Comment

Revs go up when you turn the ac on cause of the ac thingy :p. Has nothing to do with throttlebody

Sent from my LG-P990

Comment

Originally posted by Khalifa View Post

In my case, it all might be working fine except id like the stronger/stiffer spring out of the old throttle body so there is less delay in throttle position changing
              Same here, its seems to take a lot longer to change gears, the revs goes up to around 3k rpm as you change up and the gears wouldn't engage until the revs drops.

Don't know if you are getting a higher rev at idling. Mines idling at around 940rmp, where as it use to idle around 850.

Comment

Gear changes i find are quicker. much quicker. especially on a full pelt sprint.

more punch generally.

I find however a slight inconsistency with the following:

On one drive, changing gear, the revs would drop slightly and change

On another drive, the rev would hold and then change.

When it holds the rev, it seems to be like the throttle is just being held there. Either by fuelling or the slower/softer spring.
                In any case, its liveable.

But i will do the final test of swapping the spring once we figure out how, and test with a remap on the rollers.

IT's all trial and error boys and girls

Comment

Originally posted by Khalifa View Post
                  the rev would hold and then change.

When it holds the rev, it seems to be like the throttle is just being held there. Either by fuelling or the slower/softer spring.
                  In any case, its liveable.
                  You've explained it a lot better then me.

Comment

tok a stab at releasing the pins (thats what i think they are) on the sprocket for the OEM...

lets just say, one relaxed... so now it spins freely... but thats it LOL

I always win over my patience, and in the end, i end up losing

Comment

Anyone sorted out throttle body yet with no crazy idling or it cant be done

Comment

yeah, just stick the original circuit on.

it won't be perfect, but I'm defining perfect as being as it was, which isn't going to happen as it's bigger, and thats not a base thing.

beyond that, get it remapped properly for extra tweaking and then it will be a new kind of perfect.

remember, bigger throttle body = more air

new remap is a must to balance air/fuel.

taking it to T4P (tony) to perfect

Comment

Which EXP throttle body work best on a roader Z10XEP, Z12XEP or Z14XEP and how do they differ.

Thanks Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by onextwo View Post
                            Which EXP throttle body work best on a roader Z10XEP, Z12XEP or Z14XEP and how do they differ.

Thanks Stephen
                            Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are all the same.

Comment

Yes, it's the same throttle body on all XEP engines.

Swapping the back plate of the XEP over with the back plate of the OEM seems to solve the idle problem.

Comment

All running fine since swapping the back plate over 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X