No announcement yet.

Tuning my 450 in steps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LHD, 2003 Mk7. I was thinking about getting a Mocal Oil Cooler, or something designed for chargecoolers : http://www.chargecooler.co.uk/index....roducts_id=214 .

While reading through the forum I've found this topic : http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/gene...n-7-secs/page5 . Do you still sell those Quik Box'es ?
    Last edited by sasklacz; 07-08-14, 12:36 AM.

Comment

It's 5 months since you started this thread... have you actually done anything yet?

Comment

if you'll go back one page you'll see the list. I also had to change the turbo since the old one died but it's not listed since I'll be getting a different model anyway.

Just got my Optigear actuator, and chargecooler pump+hoses. Waiting for Ian's response about the oil cooler size and I'm buying a radiator to finally proceed with installing chargecooler.
        Last edited by sasklacz; 07-08-14, 11:06 PM.

Comment

You have a private message
          Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
          STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
          TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Optigear actuator + refurbished chargecooler tank.

Comment

Just got oil cooler from BIG (thanks Ian !). Waiting for few more parts and it's time to visit my garage. There I'll measure the size of chargecooler radiator to buy.

Comment

Is the Optigear actuator just a standard actuator that has been cleaned up ? Or is it faster or something ?

Comment

It has a stronger spring for sure, no idea if anything else as well. And because of that it's supposed to be faster.

Comment

Because my GF crash tested into a dog (fortunately it wasn't injured) now I need to change plans and get Brabus grill and front spoiler. Once I'll get aluminum oil sump and upgraded part load breather (or whatever the proper name for this part is : http://www.rs-parts.com/onlineshop/i...t-450-452.html) gonna mount all of the parts at once.

Comment

Why the aluminium oil sump?
                      Just for the looks, or for the 1 ltr more oil content.
                      If you want a bigger oil sump, buy one from a smart fortwo CDI (2010) .
                      Its cheaper than an aluminium oil sump, (10 times cheaper)

Comment

The looks + better cooling I guess.

Comment

Ordered Brabus grill + front spoiler + some stuff from SmartKits - cornering lights mod & passenger window mod.

Comment

Brabus grill + front spoiler installed. Behind the grill front mounted oil cooler. Also added Optigear actuator and two kits from SmartKits - cornering lights and passenger window control from driver's seat.

Comment

image_4699.jpg

Installed Spax RSX suspension. Needs some fine tuning cause it's a bit too stiff atm, but at least there's no more 'hopping' when changing gears and whole car feels snappier. Kudos to Ian as otherwise I'd probably buy a Bilstein set

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X