Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the "LONG" in Distance CDi

New personal best for one day mileage yesterday 512.8 miles
    I left the house at 5am, drove down to the central London Office, then went up to Norwich in Chester for a site visit, then up to a site in Oldham, then back down to the London Office. Got home just after 9pm.
    Gotta say they are loads of worse cars to spend over 11 hours driving in but cruise control is my life saver, well that an air con and the TV for the London traffic jams

Last edited by longdistancecdi; 07-08-14, 05:09 PM.

Just worked out the mpg ? 86.41mpg not brilliant but acceptable since my expenses break even point is 37mpg
    Last edited by longdistancecdi; 07-08-14, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Information guessed by one of these gauges should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
        Information guessed by one of these gauges should be taken with a pinch of salt.
        Agreed unless you spent weeks like me calibrating to my Sat Nav and actual fuel consumption

http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/the-...o-longer/page3

Comment

I don't get the obsession for the maximum achievable MPG, I just get in and drive then when the fuel gauge starts flashing I fill it up and carry on. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by cdfm View Post
            I don't get the obsession for the maximum achievable MPG, I just get in and drive then when the fuel gauge starts flashing I fill it up and carry on. Am I missing something?
            Simples ? Averaging 741 miles a week, allowing £12.98 a day for business insurance, free road tax, servicing, parts and depreciation and £7.76 fuel costs, I easily double more than that amount in my pocket

Not forgetting that I also benefit from reduced wear and tear ( at the last 10k miles they asked me if I had recently changed the brake pads because they had so little wear) and the vehicle should have a much longer life.

Comment

Tuesday seems to be turning into my long run day ? Only 411 miles down to Cornwall and then over to Plymouth on Tuesday. Then 254 miles back home late Wed night.

Comment

Excellent mpg figures and I fully concur with your reasons for driving economically. My 2010 CDI has done about 62k miles so far and it's still on its original brake pads and discs! I'm currently averaging around 88mpg (got a few tanks into the 90s too).

Cheers!

David

Comment

Originally posted by longdistancecdi View Post
                  Tuesday seems to be turning into my long run day ? Only 411 miles down to Cornwall and then over to Plymouth on Tuesday. Then 254 miles back home late Wed night.
                  Wow what do u do for a living?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogster View Post
                    ! I'm currently averaging around 88mpg

averaging 88MPG, not bad, not bad... my uncles 2006 Honda Civic 2.2 diesel is getting him 78MPG

Comment

Thought I'd provide an update ?

Nothing, Nowt, Zero, Zit, Zilch has been my mileage over the last three weeks

Nope it's not broken I have been doing the worst thing in the world ? Well actually the second worst thing in the world which is working from home
                      So the Cdi has been left to sulk on next doors drive, whilst I work longer hours, have less breaks and quietly go mad by myself
                      Feeling rather guilty I have arranged a short work trip tomorrow down near Gatwick, a short 150+ mile round trip.

The worst thing in the world ???? Public Transport

Comment

Originally posted by longdistancecdi View Post
                        Well actually the second worst thing in the world which is working from home
                        So the Cdi has been left to sulk on next doors drive, whilst I work longer hours, have less breaks and quietly go mad by myself
                        :
                        Is an office/workshop/any other environment more comfortable than your own home?
                        Does an office/workshop/any other environment have better catering facilities than your own home?
                        Is being at work immediately breakfast is past worse then then having to commute to work in the traffic?
                        Is being home immediately work is finished worse then then having to drive home in the traffic?

Longer hours and less breaks? Either the work needs doing and you'd still have two-way commute or your unnecessarily punishing yourself.

Working from home wins hands down over working in a box with a boss on your back every time. I'll take that freedom every time.

Comment

The cobwebs have been removed with a 152 mile daily round trip to Gatwick for the next two weeks

Comment

Only 411 miles down to Cornwall and then over to Plymouth on Tuesday. Then 254 miles back home late Wed night.

Just out of interest what figures did you get on that trip? I find the hills on the A38 between Exeter and Plymouth knock my MPG for six.

Comment

Best I seem to get out of our Fortwo 451 CDI is around 70mpg, not bad to say cruises at 75mph all way back from Dorset to Yorkshire (Except for Average Cameras!) with a load of luggage.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X