CDI 45BHP 2009 Severe Starting Running Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI 45BHP 2009 Severe Starting Running Issues

Hello would appreciate any help with running problem when starting car. Please Click on the Engine Picture for short video of problem. Thanks Nigel
    Last edited by Nigel; 16-08-16, 07:43 PM.

It's missing

Could be a whole bunch of things..... Hmmmm where to start

Could be a duff injector or poor compression

I'd suggest compression check first I guess

Comment

More background info required
      Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
      STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
      TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

I have no more background info only that the car had done 41000 miles and was a finance repossession

Comment

Sounds potentially like a duff injector but the sounds like there is also air coming out of the engine somewhere as well (or perhaps too much getting in). Check the injectors to see if they are spraying properly and replace any seals in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocracoke View Post
            Check the injectors to see if they are spraying properly and replace any seals in doing so.
            Why do people persist in recommending interfering with high pressure common rail systems when the only remedy for fuel that has penetrated skin (which it will if you contact it) is amputation of the limb affected?

Comment

You are, of course, correct Thrumbleux. Diesel is not something you want in the skin (I would imagine this is why petrol stations offer gloves at the pumps - certainly did when I was working in a group of them) and great caution should be taken to avoid contact wherever possible.

Comment

You are, of course, correct Thrumbleux. Diesel is not something you want in the skin (I would imagine this is why petrol stations offer gloves at the pumps - certainly did when I was working in a group of them) and great caution should be taken to avoid contact wherever possible.
                You miss the point.
                At the pressures common rails raise their fuel to the diesel is blasted through human skin and into the flesh where it will poison such that amputation is the only way the infection can be contained. Garage forecourts offer gloves as a convenience - not to save your limbs.

Comment

When did thrumbleux respond?, I can't see anything??

Diesel's ok when just fluid, well ok still not that good... But when it's been virtually atomised with an injector it could be lethal as you very easily squirt it past the epidermis if your hands are in close proximity.

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post

When did thrumbleux respond?, I can't see anything??
                    Will someone ask 11.45PM if he has me on his 'ignore list'?!

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
                    Diesel's ok when just fluid, well ok still not that good... But when it's been virtually atomised with an injector it could be lethal as you very easily squirt it past the epidermis if your hands are in close proximity.
                    That's two of us - independently! - giving the same warning.. 11.45PM says 'hands'. I say any part of the body!

Comment

• 10:45PM
                      10:45PM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Confucious say , "don't spray injector anywhere on body"

Can see your posts now Mr T ;-)

Looked into problem deeper. Could be a jammed value. What's the best way to remove the rocker cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
                      Looked into problem deeper. Could be a jammed valve. What's the best way to remove the rocker cover?
                      very carefully lol
                      Personally I'd avoid disturbing the rocker box seal in preference to checking compression.. with a comp test at least you'll know if compression is totally lost (due to a valve stuck/burnt/broken), or if it's just a failed injector.

Any progress on this job?

Comment

I bet previous owner has attempted running on vegetable diesel. Drain fuel tank and renew fuel filter. Fill premium diesel plus add diesel injector cleaner to fuel.

Comment

have you tried to see if there are any fault codes logged?

Comment

Lowered engine over the weekend removed the rocker cover and found the remains of one of the rocker heads. Will have to remove camshaft to see if it's repairable without removing the head.
                            Not sure how to lock off the cam chain.
                            Any ideas ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X