No announcement yet.

Smart roadster ABS problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don.t know what size they are i will check tomorrow...what do you mean with a clean reconnection?

Comment

Originally posted by bunduc.alexandru23 View Post
      .........what do you mean with a clean reconnection?
      Put the connector on as quick & as positively as you can ie avoid it sparking and arcing as you put it on the battery post. I don't think it'll help you though

Comment

after this reset i will turn the computer or that ecu to factory base? because i have remapped the system and is a verry good one...it gives me more preassure in the turbo and i don.t want to lose it
      Last edited by bunduc.alexandru23; 18-04-16, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I've never heard of a remap being lost due to battery disconnection (when remaps are lost it is usually after a dealer reflash) but I can't say for sure. Someone here should know though.
        Meantimes, until confirmed (one way or the other) leave out disconnect for now and come back with tyre sizes. It should be obvious from them if they are the cause of the problem.

Comment

Your remap is perfectly safe.

It's like asking will I still have windows 7 when I fully reset your PC, you might have to reset the time, but you'll still have windows 7

That thing that you said it will read the tyre size by it.s own?
          The computer is only looking for variations (of rpm) between wheels , it doesn't really need to know the tyre size ,just any variations between each corner.
          If you have three normal tyres and one (or even 2) oversize one(s) it would complain.
          Slight variations between front and rear are catered for though.

Bigger diameter=lower rpm in comparison to a smaller diameter.
          Last edited by 10:45PM; 19-04-16, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Thrumbleux
            Thrumbleux commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers TAIM - computers aren't my strong point!

So now i.m at the car i just disconnected the battery and i.m waiting 30 min. The tyre size is 205/45ZR16

Comment

And i hope at least the tyre size i know how to read

Comment

What can i tell you more i have 3 tyres the same and one different on the front left they are all the same size and all new with the same amount of thread left i checked with an coin)

Comment

OK, all 4 tyres are 205/45. 16. Are they all at the correct pressure?

Comment

Yes i just did it yesterday

Comment

I will put the battery now back...i hope i don.t need to sincronize the keys after...

Comment

Something else special to do before or after i reconnect the battery?

Comment

Pressure is 2.2

Comment

Hook up the battery and go drive - with your fingers crossed.

Comment

Nothing...it.s the same...+ it shows me the petrol thank it.s empty 0...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X