No announcement yet.

Smart roadster ABS problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not wheels/tyres causing the problem so can score that off the list.
    Next I'd go and (re)check the ABS reluctor rings looking for splits, misalignment, etc rather than just corrosion. (It isn't impossible that someone has made a hash of fitting new ones). Focus on the rear ones (to begin with).

Comment

Ok now after 5km of drive + 500m on road full off holes the thank it.s back to normal and the pedal become softer
      Last edited by bunduc.alexandru23; 19-04-16, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Still pushing but softer

Comment

If the rings ware damaged the esp shouldn.t do some malfunction olso?

Comment

Originally posted by bunduc.alexandru23 View Post
            If the rings ware damaged the esp shouldn.t do some malfunction olso?
            Yes, but it takes cornering quite fast before it does.

Comment

I will go to an service to check the rings by some mechanic what i check it was just the condition of the rings...not alignment to be good in place i wasn.t thinking about that. But what about the sensor from the steering that one can cause this problem olso if it.s not aligned properly?

Comment

The rings should sit 'square' and line up with their sensors. Slowly turning the driveshaft by hand and any gaps in the teeth should be obvious. It is when they split and enlarge a gap between teeth that the problems arise. Check also that they are snug on the shaft - not free to spin.

There is a steering angle sensor (and a lateral G sensor) but they don't usually interfere with braking.

Comment

This time i will go to mercedes service to be sure they will do a good job. Firs of all i have to fix the tail lights they are a bit crazy...when i have the night city lights on the right light is on, the left one nothing...when i.m braking the left one come.s on the middle one olso and the right one doesn.t come any brighter...i don.t know how but any way) i.ll see...after this i will go to mercedes to try to fix the abs and then i will come with a reply to tell you what was the problem and later on if someone will have the same brain damage with this brake like me we will know what to tell him)

Comment

But what do you mean they should sit square? A stupid person like me will say man...they are round

Comment

This time i will go to mercedes service to be sure they will do a good job. Firs of all i have to fix the tail lights they are a bit crazy...when i have the night city lights on the right light is on, the left one nothing...when i.m braking the left one come.s on the middle one olso and the right one doesn.t come any brighter...i don.t know how but any way))
                      Fix this first as the finicky (CAN Bus) smart electrics don't like any malfunctions. On a fortwo a badly fitted tail/stop lamp bulb can interfere with the functioning of the transmission.
                      I think, the Roadster rear lights are prone to leaking water in which corrodes terminals and earths. These cars require that everything that has to be earthed has a good earth. Battery lead, engine to chassis strap, etc - have all caused problems for people over the years.

Do as much as you can before going to Mercedes - they charge upwards of £100/hour and it's been a while since they were 'up' on these (now old) cars. An independent would be better. Say where you are based and someone should be able to recommend one.

Comment

But what do you mean they should sit square? A stupid person like me will say man...they are round

Square on the shaft - not squint or skewed.

Comment

I.m from malta the prices are a bit lower and in €€ the mercedes service it has a part just for smart cars and they are a lot cheaper...the lights i will fix them for free because when i bought the car he give me 6 months waranty. i had the problem with the lights because of the corrodion and he changed the place where the bulb goes in. Next day i soo that the lights are still in same condition but i didn.t have time to go and fix them. I.m ambulance driver and i.m all the time running...i called him when i soo that i still have the same problem and he said when i have time to go back to him to solve it. This saturday i have to go to fix the lights and the waranty alreay expired but he has to fix them because he didn.t fix them from the first time. The abs problem appeared after the waranty so i.m a lucky *******...and he will not fix it without money and i dont trust him so much so i willgo at mercedes after the lights when i will fiind some time...i go to him for the lights just because he has to fix them for free otherwise i would go somewere elese
                          Last edited by bunduc.alexandru23; 19-04-16, 11:39 AM.

Comment

About the corrodion here it.s raining just in winter where are 10°c and not to much...in rest all rest of the year no raining...water is leaking just when i go to an self service car wash)

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

Fix this first as the finicky (CAN Bus) smart electrics don't like any malfunctions. ...
                              Lighting is not CANbus on a Roadster, stop/tail lights are old fashioned 21/5 watt bulbs rather than a 21 watt single filament like on my R Class that does both side & brake lights

Comment

I didn.t understud what you said there, but mine, as i can see the brake lights are double filament they shoud do 2 tipes of light normal and brighter...but in my case righ one is starting the job and the left one finishes
                                Last edited by bunduc.alexandru23; 19-04-16, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X