Funkysmart Auction Yes Or No

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel the same as Sylvester,

I think it would be cheaper, easier and more efficient if the for sale section was configured appropriately. As Sylvester has already mentioned, rules are needed to hold it together, like:

-All negotiating carried out on the thread no pms until sale agreed
    -Seller has to state a price for all items when the ad is first put up

A similar setup is already running on www.boards.ie, the advantages over an auction is that you can contact the seller easily, and everyone else can also see the responces. Bargaining is also alot easier, and pics can be posted up on request.

Dave

Comment

I think that the auction will make funkysmart even better . What a great idea .
      Last edited by jonkx; 26-10-04, 09:56 AM.

Comment

anyone looked into legal side yet?

what protection will funkysmart offer the buyer? or seller?
        disputes?
        what benifet for the club?
        Data protection?

i do think you are opening 'big can of worms' as this system would be abused totally.

Comment

Hi All

Some great posts, and interesting issues raised thanks for all your support. By the look on the posts it seems a good idea. We could incorporate a classifieds section in to the auction where you advertise an item or items for a set price. Also could look at paypal integration. With regard to data protection. We take extra precautions to make sure the data you give us on registration is safe, It is not sold or passed on to any third parties. I have in the past spoken to the data protection agency. We do not need to inform the information Commisioner, it is not a legal requirement for us to do so, however we do have a duty to keep your information safe.

If we do decide to run an auction then we will act as an intermiate on disputes, a full terms & conditions would be drawn up.

Thanks to all who have voted already. Kepp em coming.

Comment

Hi dave

I think this is a good idea
            I have purchase a second hand Smartie in august!
            and hope to come to some summer rallys too.

Comment

vote

good idea go for it

Comment

I voted YES , but FunkySmart cannot be held responsible for monies/items going a miss in the post or to untrustworthy sellers. It could end up becoming a ground for dodgy dealings and people selling stuff they dont even have.....
                I think that you should have a rule that you need a certain post count first before you can put anything up for auction , make sure that you have the sellers FULL contact details and somehow verify the sellers address ( dont know how you would do that but I know its possible ) But after doing all this , wouldnt it just be easier to keep the For Sale Section on a basis that you need to have a post count of say 25 before you can post your items for sale , this will stop the dodgy sellers hopefully.They do this on a other car club I am a member of and it works for them. Make sure they have a price included with the description of the goods for sale and a contact number available if need be but not published with the advert.

Just a couple of ideas that work elsewhere

Sinead

Comment

Yes, I think its a good idea. Gets my vote

Comment

Overwhelmed

What an amazing poll, Thanks to all who voted, Watch this space.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X