Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Aircon top up

Defo - I love working on my car

But people forget that merc can be very competitive in prices and sometimes cheaper (like mot time)

With aircon, for the cost of the top up can, it's not much more to get a pro to do it who knows the exact volume of gas required and can also check the system out ...

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

P.s. today's local groupon deal is a £21 aircon regas and deodorise.

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
        P.s. today's local groupon deal is a £21 aircon regas and deodorise.

JJ
        Sorry, what's a local groupon deal? How/where has one got to go and what's the catch?

Comment

Originally posted by BBE View Post
          There is no need for removing anything from the front in order to service the aircon.
          It looks pretty tight in there, and my thinking was that something had to be moved,
          but the guy doing the job had no problems with it.
          The job was done by a guy with no knowledge about smart.
          Bjorn
          I take it that he just removed the 'bonnet' panel then? I can see the two aircon connectors down there, it does look tight though especially if I'm attempting to do it via the DIY can/gauge which probably has a short length of hose. I'm wondering if removal of the headlight would help much with the accessing that area?

Comment

Originally posted by earthman View Post
            Sorry, what's a local groupon deal? How/where has one got to go and what's the catch?
            groupon is a website/voucher setup.

you sign up and get sent offers of goods/services etc.

you also get sent a local "deal" every day. the other day was an aircon service. no catch. you just pay for the voucher than ring up to sort out a booking. its only like finding a voucher in a magazine but obviously with the internet, you can access more people much easier.

i bought snow socks last winter at 50% RRP and my wife and her sis bought eye lash extensions the other day and they were £22 where the cheapest they had seen before were £60

(hint - always check the prices being offered though as although they say 60% off, i have found things cheaper with an internet search)

JJ

Comment

Ah, I see, an internet voucher, thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X