Help please gear selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please gear selection

Hello this is my first post here. I have a 56 plate automatic pink smart passion. Saturday I started having problems with gears with slow changes went to go out Saturday afternoon and my car wouldn't select any gears. So here's the situation if the cars ignition is on but car not started the dashboard tells me it's selecting gears 1st reverse neutral but as soon as the engine is running the car won't engage a gear and all I can hear is clonking. Help please.

Suspect you clutch actuator is playing up. Mine fell off and the symptoms were much as you describe. Have a look underneath. It may be there hanging by its wires. Mine was.
    Not too big a deal. Better that than the clutch itself being goosed. Start with the simple stuff first - actuator.

Comment

• sezw81uk
      sezw81uk commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi we checked this yesterday can see it moving when changing gears.

Whilst looking at the clutch actuator, get someone to turn on the ignition to see if it moves. You normally hear it whir & clonk when you go to start up.

Comment

• sezw81uk
      sezw81uk commented
      Editing a comment
      We can see it moving and all wires ok

By the way, Welcome.

Comment

Ok hers an I date we have had a look at the actulator it seems to be moving ok and the wires all look ok any other ideas please

Comment

It could be the clutch actuator needs adjusting, have a look here http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...engine&mod=331

Some people have had the actuator rod wear through the clutch release arm. http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/the-...gh-clutch-fork

If it's not this i'm afraid it sounds like your clutch is knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by sezw81uk View Post
          Ok hers an I date we have had a look at the actulator it seems to be moving ok and the wires all look ok any other ideas please
          When you did the above - were the gears still refusing to engage?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X