Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Owners - talk to me, tell me

Originally posted by J500ANT View Post
    Do you honestly think that'll all come off without causing damage? How does he know, has he removed them before?
    The answer, amazingly, was he was able to take it all off without damage. He has a long background in classic cars - and so took some trouble to think about being able to put the car back to stock when he did the mods.

So I am now the proud owner of a pretty standard looking Crossblade. My third Smart. Had a 600cc Passion Convertible - and still own a 450 Brabus.

Drove the Crossblade 3 hours home down the A1 this afternoon - and it was a blast - like being on a bike - didn't know how much I'd missed it!

Now I just need a decent summer to enjoy the new toy!

- Greg

Comment

In that case I sit corrected, and i'm very pleased to hear that the Crossblade is undamaged.

Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Hope you enjoy it!
        Thanks - can't stop smiling whenever I get in the car.

Now just need to work how to clean off those flys. Don't think the pressure washer is a good idea :-)

And work out why this is no power to the Radio.

One question - should the Crossblade have the same speedo illumination as the 450? If so I have a blown bulb somewhere.

Comment

Yes it should have the same speedo illumination. Check you have rear lights too - could be the stalk is faulty. No power to the radio - mine started to play up and come on at odd times of it's own accord, so I pulled the fuse. Maybe the previous owner had and did the same?

Comment

get a clay bar for the flies (on the car) and a toothbrush for the ones in your mouth

was it the badly modded one your bought?? how much??

JJ
            Last edited by problemchild1976; 15-07-11, 04:28 PM.

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Yes it should have the same speedo illumination. Check you have rear lights too - could be the stalk is faulty.
              Wow - on the money - no rear lights. So what needs to be done to the switch? Have a service booked in a week - could could just get them to fix it.

Comment

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=382

It would appear that the Crossblade stalk is the same as any other - been on EPC and whilst I have a Crossblade VIN no to check, I don't have a standard 450, but by guessing it does seem they've got the same number.

Where are you taking it for a service?

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
                  get a clay bar for the flies (on the car) and a toothbrush for the ones in your mouth

was it the badly modded one your bought?? how much??

JJ
                  It was - I've been looking for a while and a dealer called to let me know about this one. When I saw the pics I said no - but the owner called and said that he could remove it all and he'd always thought the next owner might want it stock and considered this when he did the work (ie no holes).

I went to see the car and he said if I wanted it - he'd remove some of the mods while I watched to put my mind at rest.

He's really treated the car like it was his child (polythene on the floor of the garage to trap moisture - inspection lamps to dry the car after a run - never out in the rain - all the labels are still pristine on the underbody parts etc.)

It was 9,250. I may have overpaid - but it is in good shape (I'm actually happy it's done more miles than most crossblades as I think it's better for cars to be used). The owner has been really helpful too.

It's also not like there is much of a market - you don't see them for sale too often in the UK.

Comment

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=382

It would appear that the Crossblade stalk is the same as any other - been on EPC and whilst I have a Crossblade VIN no to check, I don't have a standard 450, but by guessing it does seem they've got the same number.

Where are you taking it for a service?
                    Thanks

Did reply earlier - but said it needed moderator approval.

Going to my local dealer in East London - they've done the other smarts and are OK.

Will get them to do a 'C' service for piece of mind give the time since previous professional service.

I know I need to get them to check the door 'recall' - anything else critical?

Comment

Originally posted by gdowling View Post
                      Door recall ???

Glad your liking your new toy

Comment

i think that it should be the word "door" that is in inverted commas and not recall

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
                          i think that it should be the word "door" that is in inverted commas and not recall

JJ
                          Probably both - they aren't doors - and I think it wasn't a full recall - but a service bulletin.

- Greg

Comment

How did your service go?

Comment

How did your service go?
                              Fine - they said everything was great just waiting for the radio code. Fuses, bulbs and switch unit sorted.

The drivers side mirror isn't working right - so they are going to order one.

Took the car out for a drive through the countryside yesterday - great fun through the forest. But a bit cold coming back at night - need to remember warmer clothes and gloves next time!

Amazing driving at night - you see, small and feel so much more than in a regular car!

Comment

Amazing driving at night - you see, small and feel so much more than in a regular car!
                                Night driving in a crossblade is awesome...
                                Pm me with details and i will update our crossblade register.
                                Rob

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X