No announcement yet.

Miss Fire makes short irregular visits!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss Fire makes short irregular visits!

Originally posted by krassegrand View Post
    Well I have ordered and there was the choice Sweden when deciding shipping.

Jörgen
    Delivery info states "Deliveries to UK mainland only. Exclusions apply."
    http://www.incarmotorfactors.co.uk/content/6-delivery

I bet shipment to Sweden is expensive. Probably just as much as cost of the part.

Comment

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
      I bet shipment to Sweden is expensive. Probably just as much as cost of the part.

Not entirely!
      The part was £18 and the shipping was £15.
      I have the tracking number now!

In Sweden I have not found it for less than 1400 SEK, that would be about £123,55.

Jörgen
      Last edited by krassegrand; 12-04-12, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Not entirely!
        The part was £18 and the shipping was £15.
        I have the tracking number now!

In Sweden I have not found it for less than 1400 SEK, that would be about £123,55.

Jörgen
        15 pounds is still a lot for shipping 100 grams. Must be be courier. Have you confirmed the TDC sensor indeed is the culprit or are you fault finding by component replacement like the professional mechanics?

Comment

Have you confirmed the TDC sensor indeed is the culprit
          Not at all!
          I would actually prefer to do nothing until I get a fault code but I am not the one usually driving the car.

Jörgen

Comment

as you have two cars Jorgen you could have swapped components between cars to diagnose.

Comment

As if I did not have anything else to do! I tried to take the one from the old engine but I couldn't get the one that now is suspected of so I don't expect to get it out in one piece.

Jörgen

Comment

Ok!
                I started to dig down into the inner of Lilla Svartens secrets and managed to get to the suspected sensor. It was stuck like hell! Finally I brook it!

What do I do now?
                Do I have to split the gear box and engine to knock the rests of the sensor out?

Jörgen

Comment

Best bet you do, to ensure no debris gets left in clutch housing.

You might get lucky using screw threaded into it and pulling on that but you need to check that none of the sensor probe falls in, once the screw is in a getle tap down into it to help it break free then pull it out.

Or an appropriately sized screw extractor may do the job.

I take it you pulled it out inline with it and not on an angle?

Maybe the paint attacked the plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by madDan View Post
                    Best bet you do, to ensure no debris gets left in clutch housing.
                    I have separated them about 1 inch and I am trying to get something under the sensor to "price" it out

You might get lucky using screw threaded into it and pulling on that but you need to check that none of the sensor probe falls in, once the screw is in a getle tap down into it to help it break free then pull it out.
                    I don't think that is possible It was totally stuck before I brook it.

I take it you pulled it out inline with it and not on an angle?
                    Yes!

Maybe the paint attacked the plastic?
                    The guy I both it from tried to get it out before it was painted.

Well well, no rest this weekend eater

Jörgen

Comment

Well!
                      First I tried to just open a little gap between the gearbox and the engine but all efforts was fruitless! Then I finally dropped the gearbox to the floor and made some more tries with the better access.
                      Now the plan for tomorrow is to take the flywheel of and knock the rests of the sensor into the bell-housing and then it is just reassembly left.
                      I dread for putting the gearbox back onto the engine.

Jörgen

Comment

Drill a pilot hole down to the iron core or a wee bit into the iron core. Drill hole larger suitable for an M5 or M5 tap. Tap hole. Use a small slide hammer and pull sensor remains out.

Comment

Drill a pilot hole down to the iron core or a wee bit into the iron core. Drill hole larger suitable for an M5 or M5 tap. Tap hole. Use a small slide hammer and pull sensor remains out.
                          Wont work!
                          Firstly it is impossible to drill in that direction secondly it is so stuck that the tread would not hold, and the core is bloody hard! I have tried drilling in it.

Jörgen

Comment

Wont work!
                            Firstly it is impossible to drill in that direction secondly it is so stuck that the tread would not hold, and the core is bloody hard! I have tried drilling in it.

Jörgen
                            You can't use an angled drive or a flex drive? Obviously the safest way is to proceed as you have planned. You need Biltema article 11257 to slacken off the bolts that hold clutch to mounting plate. No other tool will fit in that very tight space.
                            Could you please check what is causing the sensor to get stuck that hard. Corrosion of metal in bore or perhaps swelling of the plastic sensor or iron core in sensor rusting making sensor stick tight to bore like an expansion plug?

Comment

You need Biltema article 11257 to slacken off the bolts that hold clutch to mounting plate. No other tool will fit in that very tight space.
                              I have something similar, by the way it is 17mm

I have it out now!!!!!!!!!

Could you please check what is causing the sensor to get stuck that hard. Corrosion of metal in bore or perhaps swelling of the plastic sensor or iron core in sensor rusting making sensor stick tight to bore like an expansion plug?
                              There is a lot of stuff in it that should not be there. Maybe it was glued in!

Now I am cleaning the hole.

Jörgen

Comment

Now it is almost ready!
                                Was it Dextron III for our gearboxes?

Jörgen

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X